Cycling things that you wish were still available

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
A couple of really good things that aren't made any more

Altura Winter Cruisers. Not tights, but trousers so kept a bit of extra air for warmth. But very skinny cut trousers. Ronhill Tracksters are a fair substitute but not as good. They also used to do Ronhill "Bikesters" but they don't do those any more either. I never tried those.

Hope Vision 1 Light. Sturdy, rechargeable AA powered. Unfortunately rechargeable AAs don't seem to be the "in" thing these days.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
They also used to do Ronhill "Bikesters" but they don't do those any more either. I never tried those.

I still have 3 bikesters in use, that I bought in 2004 for commuting. Main difference is higher back and reflective bands on ankles. The reflective bands are still intact. Well made.

Brooks saddles were £15 for years and years. It was accepted they were a bit crappily made. Then they were taken over by an Italian company who marketed them as heritage items.

It's coming to something when a quality saddle is worth more than a bike!

Also, decent quality freewheel axles.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
New Harry Quinn frames.

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Brooks saddles were £15 for years and years. It was accepted they were a bit crappily made. Then they were taken over by an Italian company who marketed them as heritage items.

It's coming to something when a quality saddle is worth more than a bike!

Also, decent quality freewheel axles.

But you can still get Brooks saddles ... Unfortunately ;)

(Runs and hides and lives to regret ill-considered joke)

Dave 123

Legendary Member
54C15A19-391B-41D7-8882-2F5C3160EDEF.jpeg

5 tonnes of batteries to cycle to school and back!

Top Bottom