Cycling things that you wish were still available

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biking_fox

Guru
Rainlegs - waterproof coverings for your thighs so you don't get sweaty but stay dry.... the original company folded and I'm not sure anyone else ships to the uk.

Easy shipping to the UK! Too many european companies can't be bothered with the extra paperwork now - Reelight is another one I'd like to use.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Rainlegs - waterproof coverings for your thighs so you don't get sweaty but stay dry.... the original company folded and I'm not sure anyone else ships to the uk.

Easy shipping to the UK! Too many european companies can't be bothered with the extra paperwork now - Reelight is another one I'd like to use.

still got mine but the inner plastic lining has worn away :sad:

Didn't realised the Rainleg company had folded :sad:

I must have bought my current pair at the last chance.
still got mine but the inner plastic lining has worn away :sad:

That's what my 2007 pair did. They had a lot of wear before reaching that point, for something quite cheap (by cycling standards).

A big shame - I think a bigger company would have refined this product a little; maybe produced a more expensive variant for us fuss-pots!

I wore mine just yesterday - the skies fell on the cafe we were stopped in, so it was handy to have that extra leg protection for the ride home 👍

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
A couple of really good things that aren't made any more

Altura Winter Cruisers. Not tights, but trousers so kept a bit of extra air for warmth. But very skinny cut trousers. Ronhill Tracksters are a fair substitute but not as good. They also used to do Ronhill "Bikesters" but they don't do those any more either. I never tried those.
Tudor longs are still made.

£1.25 a year to avoid having to wear padded shorts ever again, bargain

It's your behind, so what you choose to do with it is your own, erm, business. Myself, I like the Spa Nidd, which most people seem to think is a bum destroyer. It just fits me better than a Brooks!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I like the Spa Nidd

That’s made from chiselled granite

Jameshow

Veteran
Tudor longs are still made.

Have a pair of this gifted me by my dad and put them on for a run for some unknown reason, he's a little larger in the waist and the elastic was past it's best so has to hold them up round the waist!🤣🤣 Not pleasant!!!

Jameshow

Veteran
They were (and are) crap. But at least they were cheap crap. I think £25 was a fair price.

Rubbish - best saddles out there.

Flite for under 25miles

Turbo 25 - 75miles

Brookes for 75+ miles.

I love the fact you can push back and it feels like you sitting in an armchair!

My spa saddle us just too hard! I might lend it to a mate to break in! Or use it in the canal when the constant jarring might break it in!!

Top Bottom