Cycling through flood water.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I hope this guy stripped and re-greased his hubs and bottom bracket after this bit of bravado.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-sc...ist-makes-it-through-flood-water-in-edinburgh
Think if that was one of my “good” bikes, I would have walked and carried it! :laugh:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
He's an idiot. The floodwater can rise quick enough to blow off manhole covers, and then the force of the water draining can suck a human in and easily fold them in half to fit the normal the pipe. It's not nice.
You seem to be an expert in blowing off man holes :eek:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
He's an idiot. The floodwater can rise quick enough to blow off manhole covers, and then the force of the water draining can suck a human in and easily fold them in half to fit the normal the pipe. It's not nice.

Whilst I agree with caution in deep water the water can't simultaneously blow manholes up and suck down the hole.

I have been blocked by floodwater trying to get into Llanrhwst some years back so took my trousers off and waded (waist deep). When I got to the farm gates and the whooshing water across the A road I was walking on made me realise the water level was a foot higher one side if the dry stone wall than on the road I was wading on. Realising what would happen to me if the wall collapsed (quite likely) I thought better of it and retreated

T4tomo

Legendary Member
He appeared to be cycling on the pavement which should have elimated potholes and and unlikely manhole cover disasters. Will still have done his bb and wheel bearings no good.

Cant believe car drivers, seeing water almost covering the white bollards, still think it’s a good idea to drive through it. Nobbers.

Top Bottom