Cycling through Leicester.

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Shortandcrisp, 10 Jan 2019.

1. Shortandcrisp

Shortandcrisp Senior Member

Evening all!
    Got to take my son to De Montfort Uni in Leicester next Wed. for an interview and appraisal day. Last time we went (open day), seem to remember seeing a cycle route sign in Abbey Park ( think that’s what it was called) to Loughborough.
    Couple of questions. Is there a cycle path/trail all the way suitable to bumble along on a hybrid all the way? Secondly, am I likely to get lost, or could I just cycle out and back using the route and return back to Leicester in about 3 hours, including a lunch stop?
    Thanks.

2. 13 rider

13 rider Guru

Paging @Supersuperleeds hell now the route

Drago likes this.
  3. Supersuperleeds

Supersuperleeds Guru

4. 13 rider

13 rider Guru

Cafes stops possible Rothley station heritage great central line ellis tea room or in Quorn on station rd

5. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

What's your son going to wear for the interview?

6. JonBuoy

JonBuoy Senior Member

When you get to Wanlip Road swap to the other side of the canal (through pub car park) and follow the signs all the way to Syston Road/Cossington Lane. This avoids the A46 and a chunk of A6. https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29162927

7. Supersuperleeds

Supersuperleeds Guru

I thought of that, but the A46 and A6 part is cyclepath and is (in my opinion) the easier route to follow. Either way the OP has two routes to choose from now :smile:

Last edited: 10 Jan 2019
  8. OP
    OP
    Shortandcrisp

Thanks for the replies everyone. That Strava route looks the favourite at the moment superleeds!

9. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

It's nice out that way, :bicycle:

Shortandcrisp likes this.
  10. Supersuperleeds

Supersuperleeds Guru

11. OP
    OP
    Shortandcrisp

No!! The wife suddenly informed me the night before that she needed the car at 4pm the following evening, so I had to drop my lad off, have a coffee, then head back home again, leaving him to catch the train home ( couldn’t use the train to get there as it wouldn’t have arrived in time).
    Ah well, if he gets in I’ll probably have plenty of opportunities to have a ride out!

12. Supersuperleeds

Supersuperleeds Guru

Unlucky.

13. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

That's a shame but it'll be nicer in the summer anyway.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice