Cycling through Leicester.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shortandcrisp

Über Member
Evening all!
Got to take my son to De Montfort Uni in Leicester next Wed. for an interview and appraisal day. Last time we went (open day), seem to remember seeing a cycle route sign in Abbey Park ( think that’s what it was called) to Loughborough.
Couple of questions. Is there a cycle path/trail all the way suitable to bumble along on a hybrid all the way? Secondly, am I likely to get lost, or could I just cycle out and back using the route and return back to Leicester in about 3 hours, including a lunch stop?
Thanks.

13 rider

Guru
Paging @Supersuperleeds hell now the route

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
When you get to Wanlip Road swap to the other side of the canal (through pub car park) and follow the signs all the way to Syston Road/Cossington Lane. This avoids the A46 and a chunk of A6. https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29162927

I thought of that, but the A46 and A6 part is cyclepath and is (in my opinion) the easier route to follow. Either way the OP has two routes to choose from now :smile:

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
It's nice out that way, :bicycle:

OP
OP
Shortandcrisp

Shortandcrisp

Über Member
No!! The wife suddenly informed me the night before that she needed the car at 4pm the following evening, so I had to drop my lad off, have a coffee, then head back home again, leaving him to catch the train home ( couldn’t use the train to get there as it wouldn’t have arrived in time).
Ah well, if he gets in I’ll probably have plenty of opportunities to have a ride out!

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
No!! The wife suddenly informed me the night before that she needed the car at 4pm the following evening, so I had to drop my lad off, have a coffee, then head back home again, leaving him to catch the train home ( couldn’t use the train to get there as it wouldn’t have arrived in time).
Ah well, if he gets in I’ll probably have plenty of opportunities to have a ride out!

Unlucky.

raleighnut

Legendary Member

That's a shame but it'll be nicer in the summer anyway.

Top Bottom