Cycling to driving ratio

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
I live in the sticks, so driving's not such a chore - but it becomes one.

When I stopped driving to work, driving the odd journey in the evening or at a weekend became a pleasure again, rather than just another chore.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Really tough getting my car parked down my street, even tougher finding it only use it at the weekend and can never remember where I parked it last, I do know this week it is to the left as I have not passed it coming home on the bike!

Can't give you figures, but I only drive at the weekend (OH is usually dead of his feet and it is safer if I drive) and usually just the one day. rest of the time I cycle to get everywhere much to people's continued amazement. I just wish the dr's had not nicked 4 viles of blood from my arm this morning, the bruise is hurting now and I so much wanted to complete my target before November ended. Missed it by 9km - still there is always December!

OP
OP
simon the viking
I used to use a tank of fuel (£60) a week in my old job commuting Burton on Trent to Derby by car (including shopping and family mileage) , moved to a job lot nearer was using half tank of petrol a week (including shopping and family mileage) since commuting by bike I am now using just tank a month - shopping and family mileage only

Top Bottom