Cycling to the supermarket - clothes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
@Paulq You haven;t asked about footwear. What are you proposing with the suggestions made? Flats, heels, or heaven forbid cleats?

Crocs!! :giggle:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Leggings (2 pair 'cause it is baltic), socks (also 2 pair), trainers, jumper, buff and, wait for it ... cycling jacket!!! :biggrin:

potsy

Rambler
Dress according to the shop:

Waitrose - cravat, brogues, silk shirt, fedora
Sainsbury's - chinos, check shirt, 1 button undone
Tesco's - jeans & trainers
Aldi/Lidl - badly fitting shorts and ucoordinated t-shirt
Iceland - nappy

Leggings (2 pair 'cause it is baltic), socks (also 2 pair), trainers, jumper, buff and, wait for it ... cycling jacket!!! :biggrin:

Can we guess where Pat shops?

I can't see Netto on that list :whistle:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Jeans and a fleece jacket at this time of year. My shimano SPDs too, or I have to faff about changing pedals. It's only a couple of miles.

Same here. As for the shoes, I have SPDs with the cleat on one side and the rudder casing on the rest of it, so I have a flat side of the pedal I can still use with my normal shoes!

Sod all this faffing about I say!!

Last edited:

Sara_H

Guru
I'm glad I'm not the only double legging wearer!

andyfraser

Über Member
None of my bikes have chain guards so I can't wear jeans. They rub against the chain or get caught on the chain ring. My options are 3/4 length or shorter trousers or tightish sweat pants. At this time of year it's sweat pants.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
None of my bikes have chain guards so I can't wear jeans. They rub against the chain or get caught on the chain ring. My options are 3/4 length or shorter trousers or tightish sweat pants. At this time of year it's sweat pants.
Put your jeans in your socks ^_^

Top Bottom