Cycling to the supermarket - clothes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My normal cycling garb is a symphony of polyester from GoOutdoors, usually their cheap cargo pants and zippy fleece pullover. Footwear is usually Silver Shadows, the Thingking Man's Nike.
Works for me in almost every supermarket.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Apparently you have no self respect if you wear bicycle clips......... Which is why I wear them all the time! :giggle:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhgLOv0YSeo

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Your choice is either whatever the hell you like or Elizabeth the First with the white face paint and a ruff that looks like you're smuggling a Walls Vienetta round your neck.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
And hardly a 'Carbon Midlife Crisis' between them. I hardly even saw any racers!
They don't come in to the middle. When we were catching the ferry across from Zandaam last year there was a guy (classic slightly chubby MAMIL) in full lycra on a very aero carbon fibre thing complete with time trialling helmet. They exist, but they only come out at the weekends and ride in the countryside. Like vampires.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
They don't come in to the middle. When we were catching the ferry across from Zandaam last year there was a guy (classic slightly chubby MAMIL) in full lycra on a very aero carbon fibre thing complete with time trialling helmet. They exist, but they only come out at the weekends and ride in the countryside. Like vampires.

Vampires ride bikes at weekend? Oh crap! I was planning a couple of pre sunrise weekend starts to rides, so SWMBO didn't think normal waking hours consisted of work, bike and car.
So kitchen check list now.
Water bottle
Banana and/or fig biscuit
Garlic

simongt

Guru
With the state of the clothes that some folk wear when they go shopping, I wouldn't have thought that anything that suggests that you cycled to said emporium is anything to worry about - ! I usually wear ordinary clothes as I generally shop using my street bike. The only thing to avoid that I can think of by observing other cycle shoppers is remove the bash hat and dark glasses; otherwise you will look a bit of a geek - !^_^

Top Bottom