Cycling Videos based on "Cycling Climbs of Scotland"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

olmosteel

I have been making 1080p videos (with gps files) of all the rides in a book called "Cycling Climbs of Scotland" by Simon Warren and other rides around West Lothian, I have made 10 so far. They all work well on BigRingVR and Kinomap and I am prepared to put them in full mp4 format on a cloud server and post the links here. They are all shot with a 3 axis stabiliser. They are not exactly the Tour de France but exciting in there own way. Is there any interest? Over the next year I hope to add a few more.

Linlithgow via Drumcross
Linlithgow via Pir wives brae
Linlithgow to Bathgate via Armadale (Cycled with one of the above)
Callender to Killin via Glenogle
Crow Road
Tak ma Doon
Dukes Pass (both ways)
Queens park (4 loops)
Talla Wall

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
I have been making 1080p videos (with gps files) of all the rides in a book called "Cycling Climbs of Scotland" by Simon Warren and other rides around West Lothian, I have made 10 so far. They all work well on BigRingVR and Kinomap and I am prepared to put them in full mp4 format on a cloud server and post the links here. They are all shot with a 3 axis stabiliser. They are not exactly the Tour de France but exciting in there own way. Is there any interest? Over the next year I hope to add a few more.

Linlithgow via Drumcross
Linlithgow via Pir wives brae
Linlithgow to Bathgate via Armadale (Cycled with one of the above)
Callender to Killin via Glenogle
Crow Road
Tak ma Doon
Dukes Pass (both ways)
Queens park (4 loops)
Talla Wall

Much interest - Thank you.

If you put them up on the cloud thing, can we use them on Bkool too please?

Ta

OP
OP
O

olmosteel

Much interest - Thank you.

If you put them up on the cloud thing, can we use them on Bkool too please?

Ta
I don't know much about Bkool but I assume by the BkoolVideoRouteEditor, the last time I tried to upload one to Bkool they complained:

"Excessive Vignetting or Framing. The video image presents excessive vignetting due to wide angle lens or has a colored frame around."
Also their link:
https://www.bkool.com/profile/videos?type=UPLOADED_VIDEO Does not work so you can't track progress either

That in my opinion Bkool is not very kool, I would add a different letter in front, but you are welcome to try.

I will start uploading them and you can see what you think. May take a few hours.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Very fine part of the UK, count me in as well.

OP
OP
O

olmosteel

Very fine part of the UK, count me in as well.
As I cannot view your profile page to send you a link you will have to mail (PM) me with an email address or some way of sending you the link information. I don't want to make the link public just now till I get some feedback. regards

OP
OP
O

olmosteel

The link is now active, if you post here I will PM you with the archive link. I don't want to post the link here as I wish to control who has access to my archive at present I don't want a bot grabbing the link. I also want feedback on quality and the number interested etc. Hopefully when the cycling season starts again I will have more videos of Scotland for use, as you can see from the No of posts the market is not large.

Venod

Eh up
I would like the link too please if possible, I have a couple of Scottish videos but more are always welcome.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Very good videos... it was nice to see local routes and nice weather for Dukes Pass too.. every time I go up the climb, it rains.. :thumbsup:

Venod

Eh up
I rode the Callender to Killin video this morning using Big ring VR.

Very good video and nice to have some off road in a video, I have had a free trial of Rouvy recently and your videos are better than some of their content.

It sped up in a couple of places only very briefly I have seen this in other videos and don't know the cause, the first one was not long after the start on the railway path then again just after the final climb when heading downhill, I must stress they were very brief and didn't detract from the enjoyment of the video.

Big ring VR has the elevation lowest point at -173ft with the highest at 547ft, I think the lowest point is about 225ft and highest 978ft.

If you record anymore please keep me in the loop.

Here is my route on Strava, if you want to see it in full (if it helps) send me a friend request on Strava.

https://www.strava.com/activities/2026392506

OP
OP
O

olmosteel

I rode the Callender to Killin video this morning using Big ring VR.

Very good video and nice to have some off road in a video, I have had a free trial of Rouvy recently and your videos are better than some of their content.

It sped up in a couple of places only very briefly I have seen this in other videos and don't know the cause, the first one was not long after the start on the railway path then again just after the final climb when heading downhill, I must stress they were very brief and didn't detract from the enjoyment of the video.

Big ring VR has the elevation lowest point at -173ft with the highest at 547ft, I think the lowest point is about 225ft and highest 978ft.

If you record anymore please keep me in the loop.

Here is my route on Strava, if you want to see it in full (if it helps) send me a friend request on Strava.

https://www.strava.com/activities/2026392506
See PM

Top Bottom