Cycling = youthful looks?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe

Über Member
The lady in the supermarket refused to sell me a pack of gillette razors today, as I didn't have ID.

I'm 25!;)

Maybe she thought you didn't need a shave?

tyred

Legendary Member
I remember reading in the paper a while back about a supermarket who refused to sell an 86 year old woman a bottle of sherry as she had no ID.

D-Rider

Joe said:
The lady in the supermarket refused to sell me a pack of gillette razors today, as I didn't have ID.

I'm 25!:rolleyes:

You need ID to buy razors???

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
He has an ID, what the stupid people not selling razors mean is that they are too dumb weigh up the probabilities that he is probably over the age and that any evidence of age is never enough for these numpties. It's just pointless picking on people by jobsworths.

barq

The sad thing is I look older than I really am. I was chatting with a guy in the pub (who was probably 25ish) about our secondary school experiences. Then he actually said "twenty-five or thirty years ago when you were at school...". I'm 30, not 45. :rolleyes:

mondobongo

Über Member
To protect themselves from an under age sale/admittance most companies now operate a 'Think' policy whereby they add a couple of years to the legal age as an insurance policy.
We operate a 'Think 21' which is reasonable other companies go over the top and start implementing 'Think 25' Tesco down the road from me operates this. Probably the reason why Joe.

Cubist

Still wavin'
marinyork said:
He has an ID, what the stupid people not selling razors mean is that they are too dumb weigh up the probabilities that he is probably over the age and that any evidence of age is never enough for these numpties. It's just pointless picking on people by jobsworths.

The razors are covered by the same legislation as knives. Don't rant against someone doing their job to protect you and yours. They face the sack and prosecution if they get it wrong.

Top Bottom