Cyclist assaulted by white van man.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I think he did it because he's a teenager who thinks he is always right and knows everything... I believe they are sometimes referred to as 'Kevins' in honour of the Enfield character.

How is this any different from you, User?

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I am just getting sick of people giving comments like that. I cannot hear it coming from them so cannot assess what it sarcasm and what isnt. I get enough abuse on YT.

Don't stress, buddy. With time and experience, you'll grow better at detecting it. I'm not very good at it either.

aces_up1504

On another forum we have this nice little smilie for such comments, where the intended sarcasm could be missed

sarcasm[1].gif

On another forum we have this nice little smilie for such comments, where the intended sarcasm could be missed

sarcasm[1].gif

Oh yeeeah... That's a really good smilie. that is!

Cyclopathic

Veteran
I think he did it because he's a teenager who thinks he is always right and knows everything... I believe they are sometimes referred to as 'Kevins' in honour of the Enfield character.
Some one very near and dear to me happens to be called Kevin and they strongly resent the perpetuation of the name being used as a term of ridicule. It's not my er, their fault tha they were given this name and it is unfair that they have to suffer like this. I mean it's not as if I'm He's called Wayne or anything that tragic so lay off with the unfair prejudice if you don't mind becuase it upsets my friend. Not me obviously who have a perfectly acceptable name which has no negative connotations what so ever.

A. Hitler.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
I am just getting sick of people giving comments like that. I cannot hear it coming from them so cannot assess what it sarcasm and what isnt. I get enough abuse on YT.
If abuse is not your thing then a job as a PCSO might not be your thing. Not quite the same thing but I worked as a doorman for a couple of years and the public can be a very abusive lot at times. It requires a lot of bending like the reed rather than sticking out like a nail which will get hammered. I hope you have considered what being a PCSO might entail and that you are prepared for it. I wish you luck and hope that it works out.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
[QUOTE 2566321, member: 1314"]I've already told him he should never join the PCSO as he lacks empathy. He was talking about working in England, specifically. I certainly would not want to be policed by a force which would hire someone like him as a member. I also advised him there are career choices which do not involve a requirement for empathy.

He can be successful in a profession but dealing with people is not one of them.[/quote]

Yeah, that was totally sensitive and empathic. My irony meter just exploded.

Top Bottom