Cyclist assaulted by white van man.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Except he has not been prosecuted for it, so won't need to tell his insurance company about it.

He will when the OP claims against him!

...... and if I am not mistaken, doesn't the fact he was cautioned mean he was found to have committed an offence?

The eejit should be shot, then marched through the streets getting whipped by cyclists and then flogged, I bet he reads the Sun as well.
You expect he reads :rolleyes:

Frood42

I know where my towel is
Idiot driver.

That looks like Epping New Rd, here http://goo.gl/maps/gSVC3
This is on my commute every day on the way home.

The islands are a pain in the rear as drivers can get impatient to get through them, as you found out in this case with this van getting too close.

The islands are there to slow down traffic, as the section of Epping New Rd before that is very wide and encourages drivers to speed even though it is a 40mph zone.

This is a 40mph zone http://goo.gl/maps/6kqvE but clearly there is the temptation to do at least 60mph.

I take a very strong secondary or even primary on that road, then on the approach to each island, I do a shoulder check, if needed I put my arm out at a 45 degree angle with my palm towards traffic to signal to hold back.

Most people have already seen me in a strong secondary or primary position and hold back.

I would put in a complaint to the police and then take the driver to court for damages (especially if it forced you off work for 5 weeks).

OP
OP
sue perb

sue perb

Idiot driver.

That looks like Epping New Rd, here http://goo.gl/maps/gSVC3
This is on my commute every day on the way home.

The islands are a pain in the rear as drivers can get impatient to get through them, as you found out in this case with this van getting too close.

The islands are there to slow down traffic, as the section of Epping New Rd before that is very wide and encourages drivers to speed even though it is a 40mph zone.

This is a 40mph zone http://goo.gl/maps/6kqvE but clearly there is the temptation to do at least 60mph.

I take a very strong secondary or even primary on that road, then on the approach to each island, I do a shoulder check, if needed I put my arm out at a 45 degree angle with my palm towards traffic to signal to hold back.

Most people have already seen me in a strong secondary or primary position and hold back.

I would put in a complaint to the police and then take the driver to court for damages (especially if it forced you off work for 5 weeks).

That's right Epping new road jct of manor road.

djb1971

Legendary Member
I'm ashamed to say that I'd have put the daffodils head through the rear window of his scrap heap van.

As already said always get off your bike if someone jumps out, you'll have a job to defend yourself in cycling shoes anyway. Having a bike between your legs just makes you an easier target for a sucker punch.

classic33

Leg End Member
Well, given what has already been said. You're in for a long battle with Professional Standards, even if you go via the IPCC first.

Sara_H

Guru
and ladies too,just try shopping in asda other supermarkets are avaliable[/quote]
At least we just tend to get a bit gobby, we don't go about duffing each other up as a rule.

Especially since I doubt he's employed in a professional capacity, in fact his work may be all cash in hand and I doubt he's 100% honest with the taxman so you may end up with 30p a week.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Poor form by the coppers.

A caution for an argument that ends in a slap is one thing, but this was a pre-meditated assault - the goon couldn't get out of the van fast enough and immediately punched the cyclist.

Also, five weeks off work suggests assault occasioning actual bodily harm, rather than a less serious common assault.

I'm generally averse to complaining about the police, they have enough on their plates and most officers mean well.

But this is so poor, I think a complaint should be made.

Hip Priest

Veteran
He hit you with his van, then got out and punched you, causing a head injury.

A caution is ludicrously inadequate.

Top Bottom