Cyclist death on a90 dual carriageway

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lejogger

Guru
You said "by their very nature" which is wrong, but hey, you backpedal all you want in a vain attempt to make yourself look more intelligent. :laugh:
Haha. Ok Huan.

I've probably not studied duel carriageways in quite as much detail as you obviously have.

Your knowledge and wisdom seem to far outweigh mine in this essential matter.

I'm pretty sure that a rather large percentage of us uneducated forum users would have wrongly believed that a duel carriageway is a road that has two lanes in either direction separated by a central reservation, and like me are probably very grateful for your correction.

Cheers :smile:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
You're the nutter I have seen riding along the A14 ;) . You have a death wish.

I try to avoid driving along it let alone cycling which I would never ever do anyway. Madness to do so. Anyway there is now the GBW to ride along instead so no excuse cycling along the A14.

I have to say the view at the top of the Orwell Bridge is really nice :becool: Thankfully there is a footpath there to one side of an armco barrier to protect you from the constant stream of HGV's. As I said both times were on a Saturday afternoon so it was relatively quiet, not an experience however I will be rushing back to do and never one I would attempt on a weekday :B)

orwell-bridge.jpg

OP
OP
Pedrosanchezo

Pedrosanchezo

Veteran
Spotted a cyclist riding the A90 this morning, in the snow and 20mph winds. He was cycling an old road bike in the white line space between the cycle path and the main road. To further explain this space is about two feet wide and appears and disappears randomly. The cycle path was obviously covered in snow but vehicles were passing him in the same lane as he was essentially off the road by around a foot. This led to HGV's etc all passing within a whisker of his right arm.

Please click the correct option below:
A) Balls of steel
B) Death wish
C) Completely fine
D) All of the above if you live in crazy land :crazy:

lejogger

Guru
... oh, and it's DUAL not duel, but I would have hoped you would have picked that up by now.
It seems I've put in a fair smattering of both in my posts to cover all options!

I'm usually pretty pedantic about spelling and grammar myself, so I have no option but to hang my head in shame and leave this thread quietly by the back door. :blush:

OP
OP
Pedrosanchezo

Pedrosanchezo

Veteran
It seems I've put in a fair smattering of both in my posts to cover all options!

I'm usually pretty pedantic about spelling and grammar myself, so I have no option but to hang my head in shame and leave this thread quietly by the back door. :blush:
My threads are much friendlier than that.

Simply go and stand in the corner for 20 minutes, think about what you have done and come back again. ;)

Top Bottom