Cyclist down (and, unfortunately RIP) South Wiltshire

Discussion in 'Advocacy and Cycling Safety' started by chriscross1966, 1 Jan 2018.

Tags:
  1. chriscross1966

chriscross1966 Senior Member

2. Soltydog

Soltydog Guru

Sad news :sad: thoughts with friends & family of the guy. Terrible start to the year. Hopefully they find the culprit if it was a HnR & justice is served??

mjr likes this.
  3. DaveReading

DaveReading Veteran

While I'm sure the police are keeping an open mind, there is nothing in that article to suggest that it was a hit and run.

When I go, I'd like to think it will be because my ticker gives out while I'm cycling in my 80th decade.

Blue Hills, srw and midliferider like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    chriscross1966

chriscross1966 Senior Member

I think they'd have mentioned that they weren't treating it as suspicious.... unless his heart did let go with a bang then I'd have thought you'd get a chance to stop.... my Dad was mowing the lawn when he had his and he turned the mower off...... I'd like to make it a bit further than my mid seventies, but if I have to go then I can think of worse ways certainly.

Blue Hills likes this.
  5. PK99

PK99 Guru

Wow!

Crackle, Drago, tyred and 2 others like this.
  6. DaveReading

DaveReading Veteran

Well OK, I'd settle for my 8th. :wub:

7. Pale Rider

Pale Rider Guru

An older friend of mine collapsed and died in his seat at Villa Park.

He was an Aston Villa fan and they had just notched.

So the last thing he saw was his team take a 1-0 lead.

kingrollo likes this.
  8. kingrollo

kingrollo Über Member

Sorry for the loss of your friend.-he missed the other four goals. !

I lost my dad last year, who was a big Villa fan - I contacted the club asking them to do some sort of tribute - I was delighted and staggered with the response - they asked for a picture that they could display on the scoreboard - and then invited the whole family pitchside for a match towards the end of the season. Top class that.

downesy, Drago, Profpointy and 4 others like this.
  9. Slick

Slick Veteran

Great sentiment, well done Villa. :thumbsup:

10. Pale Rider

Pale Rider Guru

A 'like' for the response from the Villa.

That is a good effort because they may get quite a few similar requests.

I'm aware Sunderland AFC had to put a ban on anyone scattering ashes on pitch at the Stadium of Light.

The occasional one behind the goal was allowed, but as requests mounted I think there was genuine public health concerns.

Sunderland also took to doing a single, general tribute on the PA at the last home game for fans who had died that season because individual requests were becoming too numerous.

11. kingrollo

kingrollo Über Member

Back on topic ...from cyclingweekly.com

The country lane was closed for several hours while police investigated the incident. Spire FM reports that officers were initially concerned that the man could have been involved in a road traffic collision, but have now concluded that no vehicles were involved in his death and are not treating the man’s death as suspicious.
    Read more at http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/l...road-new-years-eve-364259#hgjUKktbWYxujEDF.99

chriscross1966 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice