Cyclist down (and, unfortunately RIP) South Wiltshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Sad news :sad: thoughts with friends & family of the guy. Terrible start to the year. Hopefully they find the culprit if it was a HnR & justice is served??

Reactions: mjr
OP
OP
chriscross1966

chriscross1966

Über Member
While I'm sure the police are keeping an open mind, there is nothing in that article to suggest that it was a hit and run.

When I go, I'd like to think it will be because my ticker gives out while I'm cycling in my 80th decade.

I think they'd have mentioned that they weren't treating it as suspicious.... unless his heart did let go with a bang then I'd have thought you'd get a chance to stop.... my Dad was mowing the lawn when he had his and he turned the mower off...... I'd like to make it a bit further than my mid seventies, but if I have to go then I can think of worse ways certainly.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I think they'd have mentioned that they weren't treating it as suspicious.... unless his heart did let go with a bang then I'd have thought you'd get a chance to stop.... my Dad was mowing the lawn when he had his and he turned the mower off...... I'd like to make it a bit further than my mid seventies, but if I have to go then I can think of worse ways certainly.

An older friend of mine collapsed and died in his seat at Villa Park.

He was an Aston Villa fan and they had just notched.

So the last thing he saw was his team take a 1-0 lead.

An older friend of mine collapsed and died in his seat at Villa Park.

He was an Aston Villa fan and they had just notched.

So the last thing he saw was his team take a 1-0 lead.

Sorry for the loss of your friend.-he missed the other four goals. !

I lost my dad last year, who was a big Villa fan - I contacted the club asking them to do some sort of tribute - I was delighted and staggered with the response - they asked for a picture that they could display on the scoreboard - and then invited the whole family pitchside for a match towards the end of the season. Top class that.

Slick

Guru

I lost my dad last year, who was a big Villa fan - I contacted the club asking them to do some sort of tribute - I was delighted and staggered with the response - they asked for a picture that they could display on the scoreboard - and then invited the whole family pitchside for a match towards the end of the season. Top class that.
Great sentiment, well done Villa. :thumbsup:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member

A 'like' for the response from the Villa.

That is a good effort because they may get quite a few similar requests.

I'm aware Sunderland AFC had to put a ban on anyone scattering ashes on pitch at the Stadium of Light.

The occasional one behind the goal was allowed, but as requests mounted I think there was genuine public health concerns.

Sunderland also took to doing a single, general tribute on the PA at the last home game for fans who had died that season because individual requests were becoming too numerous.

Back on topic ...from cyclingweekly.com

The country lane was closed for several hours while police investigated the incident. Spire FM reports that officers were initially concerned that the man could have been involved in a road traffic collision, but have now concluded that no vehicles were involved in his death and are not treating the man’s death as suspicious.
Read more at http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/l...road-new-years-eve-364259#hgjUKktbWYxujEDF.99

Top Bottom