Cyclist down (London)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norm

Is Matthew wearing a helmet in his avatar? :whistle:
No... but he is wearing gloves. :giggle:

Norm

[QUOTE 1904080, member: 1314"]Matthew T is a troll.[/quote]
Is one opinion, and isn't one that I agree with. I read Matthew's words and remember that I was young and had a grandmother I cared about once. I got to be 25 years old before admitting to my family that I smoked, 34 before building the courage to get a motorbike and 48 before I had "the helmet debate" with any of them. :thumbsup:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Well why don't you think for yourself for a change rather than taking advice from someone who, however well meaning, knows nothing about the subject they are pretending to be expert in?

[QUOTE 1904080, member: 1314"]Matthew T is a troll.[/quote]

Helmets and incident aside, it is not becoming to grown guys to tell an 18 year old boy to disregard his family's wishes, or to dismiss him as troll, even in jest. Even on the faceless internet.
Not nice at all, me thinks, IMH (old fashioned, no doubt) opinion, of course.

Norm

It's User - he was having a laugh. You lot are taking him entirely too seriously, and now I'm also laughing. :smile:
Given Matthew has already commented several times that people are riding his ass for no reason, that makes User and you appear pretty insensitive.

Which is a surprise, from User.

Jimmy Doug

If you know what's good for you ...
Sometimes I think I was fortunate not to have the Internet when I was 18. It's always been a time of life that, when we look back at it later, we cringe at so much that we did or said. But now you get a souvenir that lasts forever - and that anyone in the world can look at.

lulubel

Über Member
Only you obviously are bothered or you wouldn't have written anything about the helmet.

Ask yourself why you commented on the helmet but not the gloves and I think you'll realise that you really are that bothered about it.

It looked to me like Matthew was just reporting what his dad had said, including the comment about the lack of helmet.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Hahahaha, I doubt it. Matthew was being entirely serious, and User was just joking. Take a chill pill mate. I'm amazed that I can see this so easily, I'm normally quite bad at detecting English humour.

Top Bottom