Cyclist down (London)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sometimes I think I was fortunate not to have the Internet when I was 18. It's always been a time of life that, when we look back at it later, we cringe at so much that we did or said. But now you get a souvenir that lasts forever - and that anyone in the world can look at.

We only have his word for it that he's 18 ;)

nobodyknowsyoureadogontheinternet.jpg

Jimmy Doug

If you know what's good for you ...
Matt - would you please scan your passport? This is to verify your identity.

Yours

The Internet Control Squad

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
How does not having a helmet being a contributing factor to the fact that he could have seriously been caused some damage mean that I am bothered about him not wearing a helmet?
Him not having a helmet on does not mean that I am neither bothered or not. I see loads of cyclists in my area who constantly ride on the pavement and dont wear a helmet. I dont go around telling all of them what I think of their safety do I? The comment on the helmet was relating to the cyclists disregard for his own safety. He had a high end bike and was fully capable of purchasing a helmet, but he didnt.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
How does not having a helmet being a contributing factor to the fact that he could have seriously been caused some damage mean that I am bothered about him not wearing a helmet?
Him not having a helmet on does not mean that I am neither bothered or not. I see loads of cyclists in my area who constantly ride on the pavement and dont wear a helmet. I dont go around telling all of them what I think of their safety do I? The comment on the helmet was relating to the cyclists disregard for his own safety. He had a high end bike and was fully capable of purchasing a helmet, but he didnt.

I have a high end bike, probably more high end then his... should I be buying a helmet then? I mean, I am capable and can afford a helmet. But I chose not to. Is that not the right thing then Matthew? Am I disregarding my own safety?

martint235

Dog on a bike
I also have a high end bike. I have a not so high end bike. I ride both of them a lot. I also own two helmets, one of which could be classed as high end (well I saw someone in the TdF with the same one) but I wear neither. I dread to think what this means about my feelings towards my own safety?

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I have a high end bike, probably more high end then his... should I be buying a helmet then? I mean, I am capable and can afford a helmet. But I chose not to. Is that not the right thing then Matthew? Am I disregarding my own safety?
:B)
I am not in the mood to start a debate about helmets. People have different views on the situation and that is that. You cannot change those views as you are then changing the person. Some people dont like change, some people like me. I will stick to my views and everyone else can stick to theirs. I am not bothered.

Jimmy Doug

Here we go again...
Mathew: I've defended you on this thread because I was 18 once and I remember saying things and doing things that I shouldn't have because I was young, inexperienced and quite frankly naive. I said that I don't think it's fair that people call you a troll and "extract the Michael" out of you and I stand by that. But you're really going to have to learn to stop making comments like that! Sometimes you just have to accept that everyone has their own opinion and it's best not to sound like you're getting on your high horse.

locker

Here we go again...
Mathew: I've defended you on this thread because I was 18 once and I remember saying things and doing things that I shouldn't have because I was young, inexperienced and quite frankly naive. I said that I don't think it's fair that people call you a troll and "extract the Michael" out of you and I stand by that. But you're really going to have to learn to stop making comments like that! Sometimes you just have to accept that everyone has their own opinion and it's best not to sound like you're getting on your high horse.
How condescending, I can`t hear a thing from Matthew only what he has written, it is the way he writes it or the way you read it?

Jimmy Doug

Some people clearly are reading him as being condescending.

locker

The choice is yours if you want to disregard your own safety but some only disregard their own safety if they ride like a dick (I know you don`t), choice is good, I used to wear a crash helmet but I used to ride like a dick, I still wear a crash helmet because most of the dicks drive cars. :sun:

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I have not said at all the people who dont wear helmets are dicks. Why is this subject so sensitive to some people? My personal opinion on the matter is that people should wear helmets when on the roads. I dont care if they dont because I dont know them. I dont go around telling everyone to wear a helmet because i would get beat up doing that. Calm down guys.

I dont go around telling all of them what I think of their safety do I?

and

The comment on the helmet was relating to the cyclists disregard for his own safety. He had a high end bike and was fully capable of purchasing a helmet, but he didnt.

How do you reconcile those two statements?

I have a high regard for my own safety so I don't wear a helmet even though I am perfectly capable of purchasing one. How does that fit in with your world view?

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
You have those safety tats. no one comes near you with those :P

Top Bottom