Cyclist Down Sheffield - but a different type of "Cyclist Down"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cyclist discovers that - for all the benefits of cycling - bicycles do not afford the greatest protection and speed in a firearms-related police chase! On road, a BSO is not going to out-run a BMW X5, and if you have a gun in your bag...as is alleged..firearms officers aren't going to ask you nicely a second time.

3190991720.jpg

Of course finding this blocking my route home, is my Karma for laughing at the car drivers stuck in the jam in last night's Sheffield bomb-scare. It's all go around here at the moment!

Dave 123

Legendary Member
That wheel may need a bit of work........

Brandane

Legendary Member
Nice reg. number on the Police bike; YN58 COP. I can't imagine anyone else wanting those letters on their plate, so DVLA are maybe getting rid of them to Police forces.

Ansome

'I just didn't see him mate'
'That's OK, I'll just tell everyone you thought he had a gun, that'll cover it nicely'

KneesUp

Guru
This got in my way too - I was late so had enjoyed a good blast down (slightly downhill) Empire Road. I'd seen the police cars but assumed that I'd be able to get the bike through somewhere, but it was completely cordoned off. The police man who turned me around seemed amused by my 'but Machon Bank is uphill and I'm in a really high gear' face :smile:

OP
OP
Sheffield_Tiger
Well, the police went, opened up the junction again...
..then Amey came to resurface the road and closed the junction, resurfaced it and...
..then a water main burst so the Water Board came and closed the junction

I think I shall go the other way round today!

KneesUp

Guru
Well, the police went, opened up the junction again...
..then Amey came to resurface the road and closed the junction, resurfaced it and...
..then a water main burst so the Water Board came and closed the junction

I think I shall go the other way round today!
Yep - got me again this morning too - although I did get the bike around this time. Contractors aren't as intimidating or vigilant as armed policemen manning a barrier :smile:

Top Bottom