Cyclist down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skwerl

User3143 said:
I think it is though hackbike. As RT has pointed out I have never actually said that cyclists are only to blame, only that they should ride with a bit of awareness in relation to HGV(not saying this is what happened in this incident)

Yet BM writes ''according to Lee's theory..'' ''...Bollocks to Lee..'' deluded BM.:biggrin::wacko:

Hope the guy makes a full recovery and continues cycling

I agree with Lee here. BM is discounting his opinion before he's even had a chance to give it. Not really fair is it?

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Not exactly unjustified though. Lee does come across to me like the newspaper driver in topics on here. Maybe now he will see why I'm so scathing of him.

BentMikey said:
Not exactly unjustified though. Lee does come across to me like the newspaper driver in topics on here. Maybe now he will see why I'm so scathing of him.

Maybe, I'm not exactly Lee's biggest fan, but not in this thread please. Lets keep it on topic!

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
OK, fairy nuff. More on topic, if I were ever in a situation like this, let me just say quite how much the person I'd want there would be Clarion. Even if I didn't know him personally, he's always been a gent of note online.

Oh, and there's another interesting Clarion yacf topic in the same forum, entitled 911 - he's had a bad two days.

BentMikey said:
OK, fairy nuff. More on topic, if I were ever in a situation like this, let me just say quite how much the person I'd want there would be Clarion. Even if I didn't know him personally, he's always been a gent of note online.

Oh, and there's another interesting Clarion yacf topic in the same forum, entitled 911 - he's had a bad two days.

Aye, it almost sounds like it is made up it is that crazy. Obviously that's not the case as he is a seasoned poster and well known over there.

hackbike 6

BentMikey said:

Is this because you don't agree with the way Lee cycles?

I don't either but he has never criticised me for the way I cycle so I will give him the benefit of the doubt..

The trouble is BM is you won't be swayed in your beliefs on how to cycle and I even get told how to cycle by people who have been cycling for two minutes.We all think we are great at what we do but some of us have been doing it a very long time.(I could be the worst cyclist in the world or the best)OK I make mistakes poor positioning blah blah blah.I have made a point of buying a bike and riding in it in heavy Bangkok traffic with it and I have become a cocky know it all cyclist a bit like you.(I am confident I must admit) Actually I was just desperate for a bike to ride here.

I understand your point about primary and I must admit in Bangkok I have been using it a bit,but don't I really need it as the drivers over here are nicer.Though it's like a firking madhouse.

Drivers in England scare me (most are idiots)(not all of them)so im happy to be bullied into the gutter.(if that's what turns them on) I can act as well.(or at least I think so.)

You may think it's wrong but it's all I know.

P.S Another point is I never criticise people on here for holding primary,primary all the time isn't always the correct choice,neither is secondary.

Im only trying to make a point,please don't take this too badly thankyou.

I never asked to watch your videos but you wanted to watch mine.So why was that?

Yes I have known about the doorzone for the last 30 years im not a numpty am I?

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Blimey Hackers, here's a hug. Don't be so sensitive, I think you've taken strain and imagined abuse where there's none. Your riding might be less than ideal, but then so is mine. I enjoyed watching your riding and your decisions, mostly because I could learn from all the good stuff you did.

I seem to recall you riding in one video with some excellent anticipation and avoidance of an impending left hook, was that right?

hackbike 6

BentMikey said:
Blimey Hackers, here's a hug. Don't be so sensitive, I think you've taken strain and imagined abuse where there's none. Your riding might be less than ideal, but then so is mine. I enjoyed watching your riding and your decisions, mostly because I could learn from all the good stuff you did.

I seem to recall you riding in one video with some excellent anticipation and avoidance of an impending left hook, was that right?

It was never meant as an insult mate although it seems like I cant put myself across properly.

Oh and im not trying to sway you in the "right way" to cycle it would be as bad as you doing the same to me.

Thanks for the last remark,that was just luck...lucky he blew his horn before he did his trick.

Im too cycling passive to ride primary in England although I do love cycling in foreign countries.Bangkok did scare me a bit but even how manic it's been,it's been very good.

BentMikey said:

No he doesn't. He comes across to me as a bloke who rides a bike and drives a lorry and doesn't have the "two wheels good, four wheels bad" mentality that some posters here have occasionally exhibited. (That's not aimed at you, BM, by the way.):biggrin:

Joe

Über Member
Horrible story:sad:
Hope Bianchiman makes a full recovery.
Just read both of Clarion's incident threads and he does indeed seem to be a saint! Hope he gets some well deserved trouble free riding:smile:

Butterfly

Veteran
magnatom said:
Aye, it almost sounds like it is made up it is that crazy. Obviously that's not the case as he is a seasoned poster and well known over there.

It certainly isn't made up. He's been very shaken by both these incidents, really upset, to the extent that I'm seriously considering riding out 30 minutes early tomorrow so I can ride the first part of his commute with him and keep him going. Mind you, it would slow him down a lot if I did.:blush:

(I'm his partner).

It's been a pretty unpleasant couple of days. Last night's comedian was just a runty blowhard, but I was pretty scared at the time, and I went home a different way in case there were three blokes waiting in the dark to attack me.

This morning - well, I'm blushing at some of the descriptions of my actions. I just did what I thought was right, and I hope someone would do the same for me. The Aussie guy who also witnessed it was great, and we helped keep each others' spirits up. The lass who stopped had more sense than me, and actually checked the victim. We ought to look after each other on the road.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
clarion said:
It's been a pretty unpleasant couple of days. Last night's comedian was just a runty blowhard, but I was pretty scared at the time, and I went home a different way in case there were three blokes waiting in the dark to attack me.

This morning - well, I'm blushing at some of the descriptions of my actions. I just did what I thought was right, and I hope someone would do the same for me. The Aussie guy who also witnessed it was great, and we helped keep each others' spirits up. The lass who stopped had more sense than me, and actually checked the victim. We ought to look after each other on the road.
I was staggered by the events Clarion. I can't add more than's already been said, well played. Take it easy out there (and say hi to road by the Northern line for me).

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
clarion said:

No amount of training can help you in these situations imo and it seems you did the right thing. :blush: I'm sure we all take our helmets off in respect.

Dont feel bad about anything. You played an important role in helping the guy.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Rest easy clarion, you did more than enough to help.

I had two v. nasty instances some years ago that utterly lost me all my confidence in being safe on the roads and, rather shamefully but also much needed, I made a complete break from cycling for some five years.

With hindsight I should have never left the saddle for that long, but at least I got the bug back!

You carry on riding out there, and if all you did was the right thing, I still salute you.

Top Bottom