Cyclist down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blackandblue

A3, London, just west of Oval tube station.

White road bike (minus front wheel). Emergency services in attendance and somebody on a stretcher.

Not immediately apparent what other traffic was involved in the accident but it appeared to have happened alongside a left turn.

Hope they're OK.

hackbike 6

Only appeared,it could have been anything.

Jake

yikes very bad and graphic. hope he is ok, sounds like they got to him quick and off to hospital sharpish. golden hour and all that.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Awful isn't it? According to Lee's theory of driving and riding it can't possibly be the truck driver's fault. Bollocks to Lee, the driver overtook Clarion and then part overtook the rider he took out, according to Clarion.

BentMikey said:
Awful isn't it? According to Lee's theory of driving and riding it can't possibly be the truck driver's fault. Bollocks to Lee, the driver overtook Clarion and then part overtook the rider he took out, according to Clarion.

In fairness to Lee (and without wishing to divert this thread from its original point; I hope the guy makes a full recovery), he's never said that lorry drivers never cause incidents such as this one. I don't think any of the lorry drivers who use this forum would try and exonerate this particular driver from blame.
I'd certainly be interested to meet the tit who was waving the newspaper about ... where do they find these idiots?:biggrin:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I think if I had witnessed this I would be a complete wreck ... but it sounds as if Clarion will be a good witness. And I think the assult should be reported - to hit some and whilst they were on the phone to the emergency services - what were they thinking of.

BentMikey said:

I must admit, I don't think these comments help in this thread BM. If you want to continue that discussion I think it would be better to create a thread for it, in the green wheelie bin......

Top Bottom