Cyclist & driver road rage in Bristol...punches thrown

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jimidh

Veteran
Hard to see what happened but clearly a case of the red mist.

Not right but you never know how you would react if someone knocked you off your bike.

D

Deleted member 26715

Understandable but cannot condone the action, but there may have been verbal/gestures prior to the camera ariving

winjim

Smash the cistern
The street the car emerged from is a slope down, so he may have messed up a hill start and lurched forwards.
I think that's a very generous interpretation. Anybody who can't drive safely up a gradient that shallow has no business driving at all.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4905272, member: 9609"]what a horribly biased report, 'After his initial outburst the cyclist walks away from the car, throws down his helmet and then gets on with moving his bike out the way of the rest of the traffic'

it may well of been - cyclist shows understandable anger after nearly being killed by farkwit in car

he should have stayed there until the police were called and got the drivers licence stuck in nearest dustbin.[/QUOTE]

The newspaper's text is not biased, it is merely deescriptive, as it should be for a news story.

The only bias here is your use of the terms 'understandable anger' and 'farkwit', which is comment, albeit comment most of us would agree with.

winjim

Smash the cistern
The newspaper's text is not biased, it is merely deescriptive, as it should be for a news story.

The only bias here is your use of the terms 'understandable anger' and 'farkwit', which is comment, albeit comment most of us would agree with.
It's biased in as much as it focuses almost entirely on the behaviour of the cyclist rather than the driver.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
It's biased in as much as it focuses almost entirely on the behaviour of the cyclist rather than the driver.

It is what it is - the cyclist is the active participant from when then video starts.

Had the motorists jumped out of his car and banjoed the cycist for scratching his bonnet, the headline would be: Watch as mortorist attacks cyclist.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
Isn't this rag owned by the same people who own the Cambridge Evening News? If so, that may explain the anti-cyclist reporting.

It is what it is - the cyclist is the active participant from when then video starts.

Had the motorists jumped out of his car and banjoed the cycist for scratching his bonnet, the headline would be: Watch as mortorist attacks cyclist.

I admire your optimism, but I'd put money on the cyclist still being at fault somehow.

PK99

Legendary Member
Isn't this rag owned by the same people who own the Cambridge Evening News? If so, that may explain the anti-cyclist reporting.

I admire your optimism, but I'd put money on the cyclist still being at fault somehow.

he was certainly at fault for jumping the red light at the start of the clip - a point not picked up on in the report.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member

It's not anti or pro cyclist reporting.

People like watching confrontation of this type.

The newspaper couldn't give a stuff who is involved, it's just a doable story.

It could equally be road rage between a driver and a bloke walking his dog.

No doubt if it were, some people on the doggie forum would be bleating about biased reporting against pet owners.

Top Bottom