Cyclist Gets Knocked Down & Run Over By A Car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
This is our colleague who got ran over. He's been cycling from Tamworth to Heartlands Hospital for years.

Wears all the gear. Helmet,, high vis, go pro etc

This happened on his way home. He was in surgery all day Wednesday. Things dont look good.
The like was for taking the trouble to join this forum and keep us informed.
If/when you visit him, please tell him that we all wish him a rapid recovery.

The like was for taking the trouble to join this forum and keep us informed.
If/when you visit him, please tell him that we all wish him a rapid recovery.
And please tell him that there is a wealth of information/ advice available here about how to claim for his injuries and damaged stuff. Sadly too many on this forum have been involved in incidents like this, but few quite as horrific as that , thankfully.

Zahraauk

Glad to let you all know he is I good spirits (though I think that's the copious amounts of morphine!)
I sent him link to forum (but not to this thread as I dont think he I ready to see video yet)
Breakage count
5 Ribs
1 Femur
Hips front and back
3 vertebra
Punctured stomach (had op) 9 hours in surgery.
Now full on morphine addict

Thanks to everyone who asked about him and wished him well. Long road to recovery but he is tough little bugger

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
And please tell him that there is a wealth of information/ advice available here about how to claim for his injuries and damaged stuff. Sadly too many on this forum have been involved in incidents like this, but few quite as horrific as that , thankfully.
Yes there is a wealth of information on here. All conflicting.

I would personally advice he goes and speaks with a solicitor.

You are quite right about a solicitor. However there is some good information on here about where to look and the possible outcomes. I used advice from the CTC when I claimed but I did a load of reading on here and other places as well, just to educate myself.

classic33

Leg End Member

Always seems to be get yourself checked, photographing injuries(keeping a record of them). Getting yourself seen as soon as possible. The person, then the vehicle.

They're having the records taken and kept by someone else. That removes the need for them to record them. And they've got themselves seen.

It'd be nice if they didn't have to do it in the circumstances given. Here's to them getting over both sides of the injuries caused.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Having been in a similar position, with serious injuries. I was happy to just hand it over to a solicitor and leave it totally in his hands. It was so traumatic, I did not have the heart to discuss it. It took 2 years to get a settlement and the solicitor was first class.

Slick

Guru
Glad to let you all know he is I good spirits (though I think that's the copious amounts of morphine!)
I sent him link to forum (but not to this thread as I dont think he I ready to see video yet)
Breakage count
5 Ribs
1 Femur
Hips front and back
3 vertebra

Thanks to everyone who asked about him and wished him well. Long road to recovery but he is tough little bugger
Wow, pretty serious list of injuries but great to know he is on the mend, even if it is obviously going to be a long road.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Always seems to be get yourself checked, photographing injuries(keeping a record of them). Getting yourself seen as soon as possible. The person, then the vehicle.

They're having the records taken and kept by someone else. That removes the need for them to record them. And they've got themselves seen.

It'd be nice if they didn't have to do it in the circumstances given. Here's to them getting over both sides of the injuries caused.

I think 9 hours of surgery kind of covers the injuries side.

Wishing a good recovery for him.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Breakage count
5 Ribs
1 Femur
Hips front and back
3 vertebra

Eek Zahra, thanks for updating us. I wish him a good & swift recovery. What an awful thing to happen.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Swift recovery. That's a lot of injuries - mine was just 2 vertebrae and 4 ribs.

Tell him to take the morphine - it will help pass the time as his body recovers. My first 3 weeks I could hardly remember, but the last 3 weeks dragged when I was in hospital - came off the morphine in a 'hope' to get out. Didn't happen.

tom73

Guru
Thanks for the update wish him well and all the best on his recovery.
I’m with @fossyant take what pain relieve they have saying no will not get you out any quicker.
May even make it worse it will slowly get better when your body is ready not before.
Having been smashed up myself tell him to do as his told and take any little improvement as personal victory.
No matter how small it will get you though the bad days.

Top Bottom