Cyclist in dual overtake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Eeek :wacko:

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Theres an A road going into Atherton from Bolton that goes from 1 lane to 2 lanes and back to 1 lane again.
A couple years ago I was climbing it back into Bolton after a nice day cycling Cheshires leafy lanes and some utter bellend in an Astra van decided to undertake via my inside lane the tipper truck that was overtaking me in the outside lane.
I was stunned at the selfishness and stupidity of it.
I wished I could have launched an RPG at the driver of the Astra. Grand Theft Auto style.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I'd think the biker was going a little quicker than the car.
Didn't notice cycle and carried on past as the polo went right across the road to pass .
If he was about to pass the polo, the polo driver was oblivious to him.
So biker under took. But 2 wrongs dont make it ok

You only get the incident and not the important bit before

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Screenshot_20171008-093814.jpg

I was driving along this road on Friday evening, at 30mph (30 is the limit, it's an inner town road with a housing estate to the left and a play park to the right).
On the left was a cyclist, you'll note the woefully crappy 30cm width bit of paint that the council thought would be helpful... I went to overtake and give the cyclist another couple of metres, checked my mirror, and saw that I was being overtaken by another car doing about 45.. so I had to slow down and remain behind the cyclist. It was a middle aged man in a Golf, not exactly Carlos Fandango. I mean who overtakes in a 30? People are twats, pure and simple.
The irony is that I was behind this bell end for the next 3 miles, so his dangerous manoeuvre won him all of 3 seconds. There's too much of this goes on now.

Drago

Legendary Member
I see, so you have X ray vision and can predict when a police car, a GSXR rider, or even a stolen vehicle will come flying from around that corner at high speed?

I can't.

If you're within 150 metres of an obscured bend or other obstruction, then do not intrude onto the opposite side of the carriageway. A combination of velocities and reaction times for both vehicles and drivers makes that the absolute minimum distance. You've clearly never had any advanced or high speed driver training.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I see, so you have X ray vision and can predict when a police car, a GSXR rider, or even a stolen vehicle will come flying from around that corner at high speed?

I can't.

If you're within 150 metres of an obscured bend or other obstruction, then do not intrude onto the opposite side of the carriageway. A combination of velocities and reaction times for both vehicles and drivers makes that the absolute minimum distance. You've clearly never had any advanced or high speed driver training.
I think the vanishing point of that curve is roughly that distance. My view is that it was a safe overtake.

Top Bottom