Cyclist injured in Brighton cycle lane

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
So it sounds like it should be fairly one-sided for liability because the bus drivers didn't follow http://highwaycode.info/rule/211 but probably no criminal offence will be prosecuted?

Once again, the old formula repeats: crap layout + poor motoring habit = injured cyclist.

http://www.brightonandhovenews.org/2016/04/12/cyclist-injured-in-crash-with-bus-in-brighton/

It looks like one bus let the other bus turn right across the cycle lane, with disastrous consequences for the poor cyclist. There are also reports of another cyclist being struck and injured by a bus on the A27 Lewes Road cycle path, which has been controversial since it was put in place. :sad:
Having recently ridden on both of those paths, I can say that they are not that bad, you still have to be vigilant as a cyclist, a lot of the cyclists I saw on these bits, seemed to think there was an invisible force field around them, and they could ride as if they were on a hard segregated lane.

Read about a taxi asking for witnesses when one taxi flashed another in opposite direction giving them 'right of way' to do a u-turn. A cylist who was undertaking the first cab then crashed into the u-turning cab.

They were asking the first taxi to be a witness as obviously the 'stupid' cyclist should have known that flashing gives anyone priority and no need to check if the way is clear.

Tin Pot

Guru
Read about a taxi asking for witnesses when one taxi flashed another in opposite direction giving them 'right of way' to do a u-turn. A cylist who was undertaking the first cab then crashed into the u-turning cab.

They were asking the first taxi to be a witness as obviously the 'stupid' cyclist should have known that flashing gives anyone priority and no need to check if the way is clear.

This is probably my top most annoying behaviour of motorists.

Why don't they ducking obey the ducking Highway Code?

Top Bottom