Cyclist injured in fruit attack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dondare

Legendary Member
Location
London
ColinJ said:
Just spotted news of another attack here. Nasty!

It's either the same incident or a copy-cat. Perhaps tangerines should come with a Gov't Health Warning; something along the lines of "This citrus could cause serious occular damage if hurled from a rapidly-moving vehicle".

(As an aside, those with pips in should also bear the caveat: "Contains small parts - possible choking hazard".)
 

dondare

Legendary Member
Location
London
Another thought, perhaps all small orange-type fruit should warn of possible chucking hazard; dangerous if thrown.
 

Arch

Married to Night Train
Location
Salford, UK
Horrible, and I hope the perpetrators get syphillis, or something equally unpleasant. Oh, how I wish I had the ability to lay curses on people.

But I did like:

"He said: “The ambulance crew was picking bits of orange out of my eye.

“They were discussing whether it was a satsuma or a tangerine."

I know some people might think that odd, insensitive even, but I think if it was me, it would be a good way of distracting me and keeping me calmer and more cheerful.
 
Had an empty coke can thrown at me from scumbags on the pavement. Fortunately it hit my leg and not my face. Been squirted with a water pistol too and had other stuff hurled over the years. Can't understand why they do it, ignorance, stupidity, both?
 
Top Bottom