Cyclist killed Kingsland Road, Hackney

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I used to use that rab everyday when I commuted to work up there not long ago. I would never use that cycle path as it's the most idiotically designed path with no concept of safety

chap

Veteran
mr_cellophane said:
Is that this junction ?

Very sad, strange that that was posted last week with that title.

You know what, I think that is the junction. I did a Google Street map of the road on reading of the fatality, to try and piece what could have happened / assess the risk of it. However, I never picked up that part.

If that is the junction then the people that designed it, and everyone involved in the approval of it should also be held accountable for the accident.

chap

Veteran
ttcycle said:
Hi chap

the routes with fatalities RTA etc do get marked, Origamist posted something not long ago.

Another person killed. Sobering.

Must pick up the thread for the HGV campaign once things are less hectic

Cheers, I'll have a look for it...

gouldina

mr_cellophane said:
Is that this junction ?

Very sad, strange that that was posted last week with that title.

Can't see the video. It's just up the road from where I live. I generally go through the park though for obvious reasons. If it's the roundabout by Viccy Park Rd and Lauriston, I don't think it's that bad personally but what do I know.

Alan Whicker

You know what, I think that is the junction. I did a Google Street map of the road on reading of the fatality, to try and piece what could have happened / assess the risk of it. However, I never picked up that part.

I think it was the other, bigger roundabout on the other side of the park. Neither are particularly enjoyable.

Can't wait for summer, then I can cycle home through the park :biggrin:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
jamie johnson said:
A woman cyclist has died in a collision with lorry on the Victoria Park Road roundabout during the rush hour this morning (10 March).

London Ambulance Service paramedics attended a traffic accident involving a bicycle and a tipper truck shortly after 8.30am today at the junction between Lauriston Road and Victoria Park Road in South Hackney.

A 27-year-old woman was pronounced dead at the scene. The lorry driver was taken to hospital suffering from shock.

In the Bristol Evening post there is the following:
Tributes paid to Bristol-raised singer Shivon
Tributes have been paid to a singer from Bristol who was killed in a cycling accident in London.

Shivon Watson, 28, died on Wednesday last week when she was hit by a lorry while cycling in Hackney.

Her partner Gus Pirelli said the musician, whose stage name was Shiv Lizzy, grew up in Easton and moved to London in August to pursue her career.

He said: "She was a terrific girlfriend, I couldn't have asked for anything else. She was a super lady."

A tribute page has been set up on the social networking site Facebook and numerous tribute messages have been posted on the Shiv Lizzy fan page on the website.

Ms Watson, who was also a fashion designer, had been shortlisted in the Gaymers Emerging Talent Award. She described her experimental music as smootronic.

A Metropolitan Police Service spokesman said an inquest has been opened and adjourned.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/home...er-Shivon/article-1911192-detail/article.html

And for once the messages at the bottom don't contain their normal ranting.

gouldina

Alan Whicker said:
I think it was the other, bigger roundabout on the other side of the park. Neither are particularly enjoyable.

Can't wait for summer, then I can cycle home through the park :smile:

Ah now that one is quite bad. Very unhelpful cycle markings too.

^^^^^^^

That should have it's own thread IMHO.

Top Bottom