Cyclist Killed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spindrift

Thank you.

I love you.

spindrift said:
This little girl almost stepped right under my wheels.

No, she doesn't, you stopped in time and you're on a bike, not driving.

What we know of the facts in this case are wildly at variance with andy's guesses and allegations.

I didn't stop and had she walked a little faster and not stopped herself, I would have hit her. Had that happened, would I have been at fault?

Sprindrift, Andy s being reasonable here. He is just saying lets wait and find out what has really happened. Trust me, from my experience of the media, you cannot always believe what has been reported!

hackbike 6

This little girl almost stepped right under my wheels. I had no time to react. She stepped out from behind a people carrier so I did not see her until the last minute. Would you agree that had she been walking a little faster and not stopped that there would have been nothing that I could do, i.e. she 'threw herself under my bike?'

I was going to make a different joking comment to your video but I changed my mind.

I really do find the remarks you are getting on U Tube unreasonable.Glad I dont bother now.What was that?"You didn't even try to swerve to avoid her"?

Christ what cyclist wants to run anyone over?

hackbike 6 said:
I was going to make a different joking comment to your video but I changed my mind.

I really do find the remarks you are getting on U Tube unreasonable.Glad I dont bother now.What was that?"You didn't even try to swerve to avoid her"?

Christ what cyclist wants to run anyone over?

Aye I do get some crazy comments. I just try to show them up for the idiots that they are. Haven't bothered with that swerving comment. Not worth my time!

Having the comments on my videos is worthwhile though, because despite the dross I do get some good comments that, although they may criticise me, they are reasoned and balanced. I have changed my cycling because of comments I have had on youtube from reasonable posters.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
With regard to the 'discussion' in this thread I completely agree with AFO. He hasn't said the cyclist was drunk, he hasn't said the cyclist was to blame... all he has said is that it's premature for all the calls for manslaughter charges given that there is precious little information/data to support such a claim.

A cyclist has been killed. It's a fact (and a sad one). Some vague description has been given about them being thrown from their bike over a bridge/embankment. The car driver has been charged with some driving offence.

She may have been speeding, she may have been texting, she may have been charged with driving without due care, she may have been charged with having defective tyres... who can say at this point??

All we can say is RIP for the cyclist and condolences to his family, and hope that justice is done.

hackbike 6 said:
Sorry I laughed at the cycling crash video.It wasn't actually the crash but it was the reaction afterwards.Hope you were ok.:sad:

View: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=F47UnXydDaY&NR=1

Yes I was fine, just a few grazes and scratches and a couple of bent bits on the bike. Nothing major. Tarmac, it would seem isn't very soft...:biggrin:

andyfromotley

wow........... been away for a few days so missed the kerfuffle.

Animal.... i commute to work by bike 5 days a week. i pick my kids on the bike, i am seriously considering selling my car as it gets so little use. But yes that would leave us with one family car as my wife chooses not to cycle. Guess that makes me a petrolhead... you are a genius.

There are so many points i could argue with that i really dont have the time. Take a deep breath and calm down. You simply cant accept that i think you were being hysterical WITHOUT knowing the facts. If you know the FACTS that led to this cyclists death please post them. The fact that drivers caise most accidents is neither here nor there. Who caused this accident? YOU HAVE NO IDEA. Therefore you and others judged the driver by calling for a manslaughter charge, then someone called her a little bitch. I think this is unfair. I think this is how lynchmobs start. I think that this behaviour is pretty unpleasant.

Spin - sleazeball............. ?? oh dear what a low intellect you must have to so badly misread my posts. On the otherhand you may just be an argumentative person. Who knows. Still if you cant (or choose not to) grasp the meaning of my posts, or understand the launguage that i use then you really do have a problem. Its pretty straightforward.

Glad to be back

Andy

yenrod

domd1979 said:
This happened last night:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/staffordshire/7423537.stm

Absolutely horrific what happened; I've been told the detail from someone who was working nearby.

Sure there was anohter woman who was supposedly texting and a cyclist...not so long back - woman can be hesitant on the road...whereas men are there before you know it !

Like Ive said for so long...

TAKE THE WINDSCREEN OUT OF A CAR THEN YOU'LL GET ATTENTIVE DRIVERS

What the use of moving at such a speed when your shielded! false sense of comfort if you ask me.

OP
OP
domd1979

domd1979

Veteran
Having reflected on this one, I think we are going to have to wait and see what comes out of the inquiry.

andyfromotley said:
You simply cant accept that i think you were being hysterical WITHOUT knowing the facts. If you know the FACTS that led to this cyclists death please post them. The fact that drivers caise most accidents is neither here nor there. Who caused this accident? YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

Top Bottom