Cyclist positive for EPO at Bejing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

It just had to be a cyclist ;)

mondobongo

Über Member
The more that get caught the more that are going to think twice about doping.

Its a shame that the 4 year ban option is only for aggravated offences when it comes into force in January it should be mandatory.

yenrod

WHY:

"She arrived in the first group of Spanish athletes on July 31. It seems the same day she arrived, she had a drugs test and after that had a panic attack and asked the (cycling) Federation to be allowed return to Madrid."

Word on the street says guilty.

Why the 'panic attack'

;)

Keith Oates

Janner
Perhaps I'm naive, but I didn't expect that with the women. Now that's the second one in a couple of weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skip Madness

As I said in my own incredibly egotistic attempt to supersede this thread with my own version of it:

me said:
It appears she was tested the day after she arrived (which she surely knew would happen), then her "anxiety attack" strikes and she leaves the same day. I wonder if the panic attack was brought on by anything else or if she suddenly realised she was about to test positive and **** (ooh, <<<it's censored!) her career up (it seems too much of a coincidence). First-time use, maybe? I know that Riccò's case shows that the tests are not perfect, but surely of all the things to take EPO is one of the most commonly-spotted?

Whatever the case I suspect we will be spared the usual lies and denials. It is a great shame though, as I like her as a rider. She has been thereabouts this year but only has only had one elite win in the season. Maybe she thought the EPO would be able to "bridge the gap" for her at the Olympics. It looks like we will find out a lot more tomorrow.

Keith Oates said:
Perhaps I'm naive, but I didn't expect that with the women. Now that's the second one in a couple of weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More than a little naïve - the women's side of the sport has had more than its fair share of doping problems too.

Top Bottom