Cyclist puts the brakes on careless caravan driver.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Like it.

I had a Caravan overtake me on a single lane bridge last year, it nearly took my head off. He was absolutely steaming and did not care a less for my well being.

I was so angry I flagged down the car behind me who saw it and he agreed to take chase and get his reg. Unfortunately the caravan was so fast the guy never caught him. GoPro was out of juice.

I'm not saying they are all bad, but sometimes they seem to forget they are pulling an oversized fridge freezer on the back.

I think this is rather good, but if the driver wasn't told of his poor & dangerous driving, somewhat pointless.
So you think a driver that drives so closely to a cyclist that he hits him can be straightened out by a conversation.

If he didn't know not to pass dangerously close to a cyclist, I can only imagine a fine and points teaching him.

Or being humiliated on the pages of the Sun.

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
So you think a driver that drives so closely to a cyclist that he hits him can be straightened out by a conversation.

If he didn't know not to pass dangerously close to a cyclist, I can only imagine a fine and points teaching him.

Or being humiliated on the pages of the Sun.

I have had several polite and constructive conversations with drivers after a close pass. It is worth a try.

If I'd been hit, it'd be a police report though.

I have also had the comfort of having the Police have more forceful conversations with drivers after close passes, including this fellow..
caravan pass.png

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Like it, but two wrongs etc.

What if it had led to an accident?

Yeah - perhaps the caravan puller could have knocked a cyclist of their bike.

Globalti

Legendary Member
My sister got side-swiped into a ditch by a caravan and knocked unconscious during a cycling holiday in the Dales. A few months later she had her first MS attack and she died with MS a few days before her 50th birthday. I like to blame the driver.

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
My sister got side-swiped into a ditch by a caravan and knocked unconscious during a cycling holiday in the Dales. A few months later she had her first MS attack and she died with MS a few days before her 50th birthday. I like to blame the driver.
That's very sad, sorry to hear it.

lutonloony

Über Member
I got knocked off by a caravan some years ago. They just clipped my front wheel, which resulted in me actually sliding into the middle of the road towards an oncoming car. The look on the face of the driver coming towards me was one of shear horror. My mate asked if I got the reg, to which I replied something along the lines of, " no I couldn't get to my f**king pen and paper". Ruined my new shorts too

Top Bottom