Cyclist Struck by Lorry on Wandsworth Bridge Road - 04 May 16

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ryan_w

On my commute to work today (06:50), Wandsworth Bridge Road was closed to vehicles due to a cyclist being struck by a small lorry.

I walked right past the scene where numerous fire fighters and paramedics were attending to the victim, still under the vehicle. Not nice at all.

Another cyclist was killed a few months back about 20m from todays accident.

The cycle lane on this road is a joke. I is a two-way 1m wide strip that adjoins the pavement.

I don't know how many times I've nearly been knocked off by phone-zombie pedestrians not paying attention and walking in the cycle lane.

I have had to drop down the kerb and into the road before to avoid said idiots. It's a good 8" kerb too, and I fear this is what happened today, but the cyclist dismounted the kerb into the path of the lorry

Something needs to be done ASAP.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Local paper says it was a collision involving the driver of a van and a motorcyclist.

http://www.wandsworthguardian.co.uk/news/14469296.TRAFFIC__Wandsworth_Bridge_closed_due_to_crash/

Injuries are said to be not life-threatening.

GC

On my commute to work today (06:50), Wandsworth Bridge Road was closed to vehicles due to a cyclist being struck by a small lorry.

I walked right past the scene where numerous fire fighters and paramedics were attending to the victim, still under the vehicle. Not nice at all.

Another cyclist was killed a few months back about 20m from todays accident.

The cycle lane on this road is a joke. I is a two-way 1m wide strip that adjoins the pavement.

I don't know how many times I've nearly been knocked off by phone-zombie pedestrians not paying attention and walking in the cycle lane.

I have had to drop down the kerb and into the road before to avoid said idiots. It's a good 8" kerb too, and I fear this is what happened today, but the cyclist dismounted the kerb into the path of the lorry

Something needs to be done ASAP.

Something wont be done tho. As road design is a council/government thing, there is simply no possibility of an efficient and safe road network. Expecting them to do something to resolve an issue would be like trying to get Mr Bean to design a new type of space rocket capable of interstellar space travel.

Top Bottom