Cyclist v Cabbie Video

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Whats he a doctor of then ?

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
He's done some good stuff, he caught a hit-and-runner who got fined, but that clip is just silly, it wouldn't even register with me. It wouldn't warrant a tut. Not worth a sharp intake of breath. Doesn't even deserve a shake of the head.

Spoken to him a few times on twitter. Doesnt strike me as an idiot and this riding isnt like in his other videos. I had to click the link to make sure it was the same guy.

coco69

Veteran
What? Every single one of us. Speak for yourself pal. If you want to feel some kind of guilt for another's actions go ahead

You know what downfader over reactive a...s like you get right on my tits......a lot of non cyclists in this world think cyclist are a pain in the arse for many reasons, slow traffic down, jump lights etc....FACT
Get in the real pal and stop being so defensive.....

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
You know what downfader over reactive a...s like you get right on my tits......a lot of non cyclists in this world think cyclist are a pain in the arse for many reasons, slow traffic down, jump lights etc....FACT
Get in the real pal and stop being so defensive.....
A lot of people can actually be wrong.

My point still stands. If you want to feel guilty about another person's actions that is your call. Is this a new internet rule that to make any statement "true" you simply put "FACT" in there somewhere?

Coco rots the brains it seems FACT, LMAO!!

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
A lot of people can actually be wrong.

My point still stands. If you want to feel guilty about another person's actions that is your call. Is this a new internet rule that to make any statement "true" you simply put "FACT" in there somewhere?

Coco rots the brains it seems FACT, LMAO!!

I think (and hopefully @coco69 will agree) that it is not he who feeling guilty about the actions of bad cyclists. As he pointed out, he was referring to "..a lot of non cyclists.." who tar all cyclists with the same brush. Now, whilst I agree that this approach is flawed it is still true to say that a great many people hold this view and, when they see any cyclist breaking some law, use it to reinforce their prejudice.

I am not responsible for the actions of other cyclists but you only have to look at the comments below any blog post or newspaper letter/article involving cycling to see the number of idiots who think we share some sort of collective responsibility. In that respect, coco69 is correct.

GC

Origamist

Legendary Member
Well, it looks like the cyclist has recognised that he misjudged the situation from the vids description. If only CCers were as quick to acknowledge their own errors, prejudice, confirmation bias etc...

Well, it looks like the cyclist has recognised that he misjudged the situation from the vids description. If only CCers were as quick to acknowledge their own errors, prejudice, confirmation bias etc...
It's a bit late considering he took the time to upload it as opposed to just scrapping it for the dung it was ! An embarrassment but there are lots of them out there. Showing an innocent taxi drivers face was a bloody disgrace:cursing:

Last edited:
Top Bottom