Cyclist wanted after stealing keys from car ignition in Hove

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Quote:
A CYCLIST stole the keys out of the ignition of a Mercedes following an disagreement with its driver.
The male driver of the Mercedes called police shortly before 12.45pm on Monday, April 3 near to the junction of Cromwell Road and The Drive in Hove following an exchange of words with a cyclist.
The cyclist is then reported to have reached through the driver's window and taken the keys from the ignition before riding off in the direction of Davigdor Road.
The driver and his passenger were left unable to move the vehicle until a spare set of keys could be obtained some time later.
Officers are keen to speak to the cyclist who is described as a white man, of slim build, with a beard.
He was wearing dark cycle clothing and riding a black racing road bike.
PCSO Jake Adfield, of Sussex Police, said: "This incident is being treated as a theft as the keys have still not been located.
“The actions of the cyclist left the driver of the car stuck in busy traffic and unable to move his vehicle for some time.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/15232523.article/?ref=fbpg

So they are looking for a white man, of slim build, with a beard.... in Hove... that'll narrow it down then...

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Am I a bad person because I prefer this to the "poo throwing 'cyclist'"? Oh how I wish I'd been a fly on the wall.

slowwww

Veteran
Reminds me of a friend who in the height of the yuppie 1980s witnessed an altercation between a Porsche 911 cabrio and a lorry on London Bridge. Apparently the Porsche driver was being a d!ck and trying to overtake the lorry despite there being no room, causing the traffic on the other side of the road to swerve onto the pavement, and then he finally relented and dropped back behind the lorry, but he continued honking, shouting and gesticulating at the lorry driver despite it patently being his fault.

Finally the lorry driver got out of his cab and walked back to the Porsche. As he became aware that the lorry driver was rather large, the Porsche driver was evidently feeling rather less bold, cowering in his car, almost getting as far as the passenger foot well. Accordingly the lorry driver reached in, took the keys out of the car, and threw them into the River Thames! All the pedestrians and cyclists were laughing their socks off at the now very red-faced Yuppie, I suspect that the drivers now stuck behind as the lorry drove off found it rather less amusing.

damj

So they are looking for a white man, of slim build, with a beard.... in Hove... that'll narrow it down thenTwickenhamCyclist...[/QUOTE]

What's more I bet he's shaved it off now making him really stand out

Last edited:
If only London Bridge didn't have separated carriageways
Not back in the '80s

housedemolition.jpg

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I know somebody who did similar and threw the car keys in the nearby Leeds-Liverpool canal, he didn't regret it either.
I have soooo wanted to do this to motorbike racing numpties who think that the Railway Path in Bristol is their race track.

On a club run in the New Forest last year a bloke coming towards us was sounding his horn and shouting at us about being two abreast, he then did a u turn and close passed us before turning into a car park (presumably to turn back round), I stopped next to him a asked him what the f he thought he was doing. He replied that it was our fault he was so close as we weren't riding single file and that he'd be doing the same if we didn't 'follow the rules'. He had got out of his car and left the door open so I walked round him, removed his keys and told him he could pick them up from the bike shop in Brockenhurst (about four miles away), he was having a rant about reporting me etc. but didn't move a muscle to stop me. I left them at the shop and that was the last I heard.

Top Bottom