Cyclists Blamed for Bus Crash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
The bus was definitely at the side of the busway when I went past it tonight. The pictures show the tracks quite clearly.

Maybe the driver was going a bit too fast when he joined the tracks? It wouldn't be the first time.

Lonestar

Veteran
I think many motorists can be trusted, after all most of us ride and drive. I had two cyclist pull a stupid stunt today, riding no handed down the wrong side of the street towards oncoming vehicles who fortunately all stopped. Why don't cyclist consider other road users.

Sorry but I can't trust them.A lot of the time I see drivers faffing about with mobile phones.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
That's exactly what I did when I had to go round the scene of the accident tonight. Why should I push when there is a smooth piece of concrete to cycle on?
If there is an accident on a normal road is it acceptable for cars to drive on the pavement to get around it? Normal rules still apply, if anything you should be more cautious.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
If there is an accident on a normal road is it acceptable for cars to drive on the pavement to get around it? Normal rules still apply, if anything you should be more cautious.

Were you there? Did you speak to the Police or anyone else at the scene dealing with the incident?

Have a guess what they told me to do when I asked how to proceed.

FWIW, I am very, very cautious when it's anything to do with the busway because I know how bad the bus drivers are.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
How about a data recorder?

Quite possibly - I don't know what the legal requirement is on buses, but it's seems likely they'll have something on board.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Were you there? Did you speak to the Police or anyone else at the scene dealing with the incident?

Have a guess what they told me to do when I asked how to proceed.

FWIW, I am very, very cautious when it's anything to do with the busway because I know how bad the bus drivers are.
So you negated to mention the key part of your story, that you were directed to do so by a police officer.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
So you negated to mention the key part of your story, that you were directed to do so by a police officer.

Nope. I was told to go round the scene of the accident using the busway and using my judgement I cycled rather than pushing my bike in order to get past quicker.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
The guided busway is a crock of sh1te. Not a week goes by without some incident or other, be it cars on the tracks, busses leaving the tracks or pedestrians being run over.

Although I use it (and did tonight) if you're going to have busses thundering along it then it should be exclusively for busses. No peds, no cyclists, no horses as it doesn't seem to mix harmoniously.

Top Bottom