Cyclists gets a finger wag !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
I only saw 1 on first glance. I didn't realise there were 2 until @GrumpyGregry posted his commitment.

Exactly my point, hi viz gear or tape or whatever form it comes in was invented to increase the visibility of the wearer, however this is cycle chat where you will always get the pedants who are so stuck in their ways they will argue black is white rather than admit that high viz and other protective gear may help prevent an incident.

stephec

Legendary Member
Me, a pish taker? This two wheeled Klaus Barbie needs taking to task before millions more die at her hands!

Top marks to Officer Nuremberg for bringing her reign of slaughter to an end with a wiggle of his mighty law enforcing finger of justice.
I bet there's a few villains who felt the full force of your finger? :biggrin:

Tim Hall

I disagree. A light flash or a reflection seen in our peripheral vision can draw attention that otherwise would not be drawn. Taking those sensible steps will increase the chances of you being seen.
It did the square root of cock all the two times (in many years) I've been clouted off my bike. The first time, Mr. twatty driver admitted he hadn't cleared his misted up window. I got a free ride on his bonnet. He got 3(?) points and a £120 fine. I was using a GBFO Cateye battery powered front light and was wearing a yellow waterproof. The second time, Mrs. twatty driver did I don't know what. I was using a bright handlebar mounted LED torch and was wearing a black waterproof. I got a night in hospital, stitches, concussion, broken bike. I did get my hand held by a nice Scottish nurse. The police too no further action. Their version of what constitutes "far below what would be expected of a competent and careful driver" is different to mine.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
CzLiPqBVEAAYvhj.jpg

steve50

Disenchanted Member
I'm sure the principal is wonderful. Nevertheless, the principle does not translate into lower casualty rates. Therefore, the principle is a pointless one.

Please do, show us the figures that demonstrate a tangible safety benefit please. We'll just wait here while you fetch them.
no more than i should have expected really, you made the claim in the first quote so i asked YOU to back up your claim but you turn it back on me??
Where did I say the casualty rate would be reduced by wearing high viz?
What I did say was you are more visible wearing some kind of reflective gear, I never claimed safety facts or figures.

We will just sit here and wait for you to back up your claim shall we.........

Top Bottom