Cyclists! Help needed for new documentary

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Dragonfly Film and Television Productions, the award winning producers of One Born Every Minute, are producing a new documentary for a major broadcaster about the effect that heavy snowfall has on our daily lives. Using footage shot by the Great British public, we will paint a complete portrait of how Britain reacts when the snow hits. From frozen pipes and closed roads, to snowball fights and school closures we want to feature every aspect of Britain in the big freeze.

We would like to invite the cycling community to become involved so if you would like to be part of this ambitious project then all you need to do is get filming. Whether you’re building snowmen, cycling to work or riding up a mountain, if you’re affected by snow at all this winter then we want you to film your experiences and send the footage to us. You can film on whatever camera you have, including on your smartphone.
For more information email snow@dragonfly.tv

Right. I'll have to charge my bullet cam and film how I commute around all the abandoned/stuck/queuing vehicles when we get a couple of centimetres of snow.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
but we don't get heavy snowfall, as a country we just seem poor at dealing with the occasional downpour. The right clothing and tyres & snow is business as usual, just a bit whiter.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Dragonfly Film and Television Productions, the award winning producers of One Born Every Minute, are producing a new documentary for a major broadcaster about the effect that heavy snowfall has on our daily lives. Using footage shot by the Great British public, we will paint a complete portrait of how Britain reacts when the snow hits. From frozen pipes and closed roads, to snowball fights and school closures we want to feature every aspect of Britain in the big freeze.

We would like to invite the cycling community to become involved so if you would like to be part of this ambitious project then all you need to do is get filming. Whether you’re building snowmen, cycling to work or riding up a mountain, if you’re affected by snow at all this winter then we want you to film your experiences and send the footage to us. You can film on whatever camera you have, including on your smartphone.
For more information email snow@dragonfly.tv

What a brilliant idea for a television programme.

Is this what you call entertainment at Dragonfly? Getting people to film your programme free of charge, then all you have to do is a bit of editing and put a VO on it, then broadcast it on a channel that no one watches?

Did you all get a media degrees at college? How did you all come up with this brilliant idea, you lazy sods, why don't you try and come up with something original to make, something that folk might actually want to watch.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Think you would have more success doing a show about floods and seeing how that effects cyclists

Drago

Legendary Member
Snow doesn't really affect me. I simply revert to the Trance X and give the commuter a breather.

Been fording a lot round here, but as we have a proper 4x4 and not some Korean or Malaysian excuse its a doddle. It's either that or wait for the Carncil to build a bridge.

Snow doesn't really affect me. I simply revert to the Trance X and give the commuter a breather.

Been fording a lot round here, but as we have a proper 4x4 and not some Korean or Malaysian excuse its a doddle. It's either that or wait for the Carncil to build a bridge.

the bigger question is whether or not you know how to drive it. I used to be able to get my Audi A4 quattro up a certain hill to work in thick snow (think front bumper clearing the snow away) where 4x4's had been abandoned or where in trouble, so having the vehicle is not necessarily the answer..

Top Bottom