Cyclists, INDICATE!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Sometimes I won't indicate if I think its giving too much of a signal to a driver. Indicating left IME for instance, only confirms that it's ok to left hook you as you're already dodging left out of their way šŸ˜

How can you give too much information to another road user?

Like I said above your telling them it's ok to left hook you as you are already dodging out of the way. When they cut you up so it's too much information. Fortunately I have not been properly left hooked since I concentrated more on my movement than signaling left about 20 or so years ago.

classic33

Leg End Member
I gave the "I intend to slow down or stop" signal* to the police car following me years ago. The driver of which wasn't too pleased at me indicating my intention, he had planned on going up between me and the kerb at the junction ahead. He thought I was indicating my intention to turn right, whilst pulling left. This would have meant following/staying on the road I was on, meaning no signal was required.

*Reason for giving the signal was a large load coming up the hill towards me. Safer not trying to go down past it, I felt.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
OP, yes, very droll. Let's pour some oil on the them Vs us fire?
To fuel any fire, you need to have something to burn! This is a cycling forum, and as such the vast majority of readers will be well aware of the problems that exist between drivers and cyclists.

You could accuse me of fueling the fire if I posted on a car drivers forum, for example.

Anyway, it IS sometimes like a war zone out there, and THEY started it. In the slightly amended words of Billy Joel...

We didn't start the fire,
It was always burning, since the wheel's been turning.
We didn't start the fire, no we didn't light it but we tried to fight it.....

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
You should try turning right, downhill, on a fixie with only a front brake.

All perfectly legal, but "interesting". It's usually a case of brake hard, indicate (bike starts to run away again) move to centre of road, brake hard, indicate, turn.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
You should try turning right, downhill, on a fixie with only a front brake.

All perfectly legal, but "interesting". It's usually a case of brake hard, indicate (bike starts to run away again) move to centre of road, brake hard, indicate, turn.

Or for that matter with two brakes - top of Blackboy hill in Bristol for instance

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
A0EF04B4-F92B-4010-B35C-BE379A74B374.jpeg

Top Bottom