cyclists - the not so good

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I get the impression everybody on this forum thinks I'm personally attacking cyclists, I don't mean to be.

You've signed up to a cycling forum for the sole purpose of lecturing some cyclists on the correct way to behave on the road. Well, thanks very much for taking the time to educate us poor fools, oh great wise master of the roads.

Shut the door on your way out.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I think it was pretty good.

1. I'm a cyclist too
2. Load of generalisations
3. Unwittingly mentioned their own law breaking
4. Failed to spot the inaccuracies and nonsense he spouts
5. Failed to spot the hypocrisy of his post
6. Dug and dug and dug his own hole
7. Failed to take on any points by people with more experience
8. Showed their lack of understanding
9. Resorted to insults when they realised it wasn't going their wa
10. Flounce.

yebbutt nothing about road tax, nor "wobblin' abaat all over the place"

AndyRM

XOXO
Check out these lifesavers...

41V19H5mTTL._SX466_.jpg

I get the impression everybody on this forum thinks I'm personally attacking cyclists, I don't mean to be. I do however think there should be some kind of campaign to highlight the importance of checking over your shoulder on a push bike. I do not see many cyclists do it and it could save lives.

Do be careful if you're allowing yourself to be sandwiched by vans. It does show a lack of awareness as to what's going on around you. I'd recommend taking the lane. You should never be in a situation where you see breaking laws as an escape route.
Yes you do come over as attacking cyclists. It all went a bit Mike Vandeman for a while :sad:

J1888

Über Member
That line is becoming so tiresome.

*tyresome

bonker

Guru
Very timely. I was on the CS7 last night at a set of red lights, a guy on a push bike was taking a photo of the cycle box in front of the lights. Half of it (and the end of cycle lane) was filled by a double decker bus and the small gap left was blocked by a motorbike. I managed to squeezed through and sat in front of them both before it dawned on me what the other push bike rider was doing. Apologies to the photographer if you are on this forum.

I wanted to get to the front to practice a trackstand but the lights changed. Oh and so as to not go off post, I do look over my shoulder, often, usually to see if there another flippin' motorbike in the bike lane.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Many people break the rules occasionally. You just happened to have been called out on it by a cyclist. Your second mistake was whinging about it online, and using exaggerated claims about others' behaviour to justify your own wrongdoings. And yes, you should be doing a lifesaver when (illegally) in a cycle box, because you are moving off from a stationary position. Remember your training?

Top Bottom