cyclists - the not so good

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J1888

Über Member
What is a Vespa anyway, is it like a motorised wasp?

I thought it was a curry. Or a type of match.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5040004, member: 43827"]Is that a euphemism?[/QUOTE]
He claims to be on a Vespa 200, of course it has 'fizzled out' I'm surprised it got to the bottom of the street. :laugh:

subaqua

What’s the point
I would say if a cyclist is checking over his/ her shoulder, it means they want to overtake, not that they should be or are going to overtake.

You've brought up another excellent point though

I learned to ride a bicycle before I learned to drive . My initial driving instructor was astounded I did blind spot checks when moving off for the first time .

Why do I do them ? because it’s what I was taught to do on cycling proficiency as a kid . I still do it now , some people call it muscle memory , it’s not it’s a neuro logical thing. I do it when walking .

So you say “ never” I say you are utter wrong and I sense trolling afoot .

MarkF

Guru
Vespa riders are not proper motorcyclists
Discuss......

I have a proper motorcycle and 1962 Vespa, I commute on the motorbike because they are so wanky only a loser would want to steal it and be seen on one. The Vespa is for getting dressed up and good times. I use both in ASL's with never an issue from cyclists, but mostly (90%+ of the time) I stop further forward......because of cars in them. I don't make a big deal of things unless I am on my cycle, then I like to get to ride to the front, point at the (car covered) box, paddle backwards to the bumper and take my time at green.:smile:

Top Bottom