cyclists - the not so good

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've a '91 American Import 'Max, full grunt model, and a '91 FZR600 in Kosinski colours. Funny you mention the TDM, because I'm keeping my eyes peeled for an example of the closely related TRX to rebuild.

Here's a scooter rider in full control of their vehicle...

View attachment 383188
Mine's a full power US import,it was unregistered.That's why i put it in a registered 2001 powder coated frame,had to replace the forks,carbs,fuel tank and exhaust.For what it's cost me,i could have bought one ready to ride.It's been fun thou,all those nice summer nights in my shed.

Welcome to Cyclechat!

You've made a great start by using your very first post to point out how you can't follow the Highway Code or Road Traffic Act and then lecture everyone else.

Well done!

Actually I think he has a fair point. Is it really so bad that he used one of those cycle box things? How was he posing a threat to cyclists that are next to him?

Motorcyclists kill more people than cyclists. Go preach to them as they are the ones killing people.

Motorcyclists speed and take risks. Why is this?

When you approach a cycle box it's there for the safety of cyclists. If motorcyclists are so desperate to get passed, obey the law, recognise our safety is more important than 5s of your time and get over yourselves.

Last time you were in your motorbike how many times did you break the law by speeding?

There are dicks in all walks of life but motorcyclists do attract them as they think they should be telling others how ride when they kill themselves and others more frequently.

"recognise our safety is more important than 5s of your time". You might as well have said "recognise our safety is more important than yours". I was literally expecting you to say that while reading your post.

"there are dicks in all walks of life but motorcyclists do attract them". I agree OPs statement with which you base that bit on was a bit condescending, but how is reciprocating it not a bad thing?

There seems to be a significant increase in bitterness on this forum lately.

Ajax Bay

Guru

ChopperGav

Über Member
Just for the record I commute by bike and I shoulder check (a lot) always when moving in the carriageway, overtaking slower traffic etc etc, so not all don't. I do however ride m/c's as well and had it drummed into me. ^_^

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Just for the record I commute by bike and I shoulder check (a lot) always when moving in the carriageway, overtaking slower traffic etc etc, so not all don't. I do however ride m/c's as well and had it drummed into me. ^_^
I'd look behind a lot if I was wobbling up the road on one of those too. :whistle: Especially on the Mk 1s and yes I was there in the 70s, even had a mate with one of the 5speed ones.

Profpointy

Legendary Member

But we've just heard that cyclists never do that

ChopperGav

Über Member
Pish taking aside, the lifesaver thing was drummed into me from motorcyle lessons as well and the extra discipline of observing greatly proved my car driving too.
Exactly, I've always maintained that every road user should take a CBT and spend some time on a cycle, that way we might all start having a bit more respect for each other.

Top Bottom