Cyclocross- New season approaches..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave5N

Über Member
If you know any shortarses want a bike, I have a half-decent Ridley I'm told needs to leave us.

Stephenite

Membå
You're lucky you lot.

There aren't any cx races here in Norway. Over in Sweden they do, but it's a bit of a hike getting there without a car. I'd love the chance to test out my commuting, day-tripping, off-roading, multi-purpose Jake the Snake. I'm not super-fit - it would just be a case of trying to complete, and avoiding coming last every time.

I followed last seasons CX thread with interest and envy (hint, hint Admin) and look forward to more. :smile:

OP
OP
palinurus

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
No 'cross in Norway? that's mean.

We are lucky in the UK. If I lived in Belgium I'd get my arse severely kicked in 'cross races, but perhaps I could get a beer after.

I get my arse kicked well enough here as it happens.

I tell myself there are no winners without losers; way I see it their victories are partly mine. Others don't see it that way though. I have a lot of trouble trying to get my share of the prize money.

SimonC

Riding some cross again this season (after an almost 20yr break), just local races on an MTB I'm putting together on the (very) cheap:rolleyes:

Cant wait, especially as I've got no more road races left this season, and my 10yr old lad wants to try the U12's.

Chapeau to those riding 3 peaks, done it 3 times, probably the hardest days I have had on a bike. Maybe next year.....

lpjr

I am new to cycling, well been absent for 13 years. I bought a cyclocross bike so thought sod it may as well enter one of those cyclocross race things. I have entered the NWCCA league and will be at Preston in September. Hope to do about 5 races. I will be looking at a last 10 finish but watching the videos on you tube it looks a right good laugh.

OP
OP
palinurus

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I am new to cycling, well been absent for 13 years. I bought a cyclocross bike so thought sod it may as well enter one of those cyclocross race things. I have entered the NWCCA league and will be at Preston in September. Hope to do about 5 races. I will be looking at a last 10 finish but watching the videos on you tube it looks a right good laugh.

Good stuff, come back and post your race reports.

lpjr

Just a quick one. Can any of the North West riders suggest any good training areas. The closer to Chorley the better.

hells85

Hi guys

I have never done a cross race but I have a Kona jake the snake and have raced road and xc mtb. I was wondering if any of you know anything about the fancy dress cross event around halloween time which I beleive is near London? I remember reading about it in a magazine last year and it looks like a good first cx event to enter but I can't find any info anywhere! Also do you know if it is a cx bike only event or if my bf can enter on his mtb?

OP
OP
palinurus

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Hi guys

I have never done a cross race but I have a Kona jake the snake and have raced road and xc mtb. I was wondering if any of you know anything about the fancy dress cross event around halloween time which I beleive is near London? I remember reading about it in a magazine last year and it looks like a good first cx event to enter but I can't find any info anywhere! Also do you know if it is a cx bike only event or if my bf can enter on his mtb?

Rollapaluza Halloween 'cross at Herne Hill. Presumably nearest Saturday evening to Halloween but I don't know if it's been announced yet.

I entered last year but cancelled as I had a race the following day. I know: lightweight.

Last year there was a Go-Race event before the main race, I think there were categories for fixed and SS too. MTB will be no problem.

Vidor06

Long term loafer
Guys

I recently bought a Merida Cyclocross 3 and it has made me take a lot more notice of the sport. My question is, does anyone know of any Cyclocross races in Northern Ireland? I know its a long shot but hoping someone might have a contact. At this stage I just want to go have a look but might want to actually take part in the future.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as all the local cycle clubs around Belfast are either for roadies or mtb'ers.

SimonC

Guys

I recently bought a Merida Cyclocross 3 and it has made me take a lot more notice of the sport. My question is, does anyone know of any Cyclocross races in Northern Ireland? I know its a long shot but hoping someone might have a contact. At this stage I just want to go have a look but might want to actually take part in the future.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as all the local cycle clubs around Belfast are either for roadies or mtb'ers.

http://www.cyclingireland.ie/Home/MTB/Calendar.aspx lists CX in Northern Ireland, Ulster CX League.

Also www.apolloct.com is interested in cross.

SimonC

Planning to ride a few CX races this winter on a rigid MTB, my old proper CX bikes went in a skip years ago.

Some of these will be notts and derby league, and on web it says that MTB's are OK, but no bar ends.

Why no bar ends? No big deal to take them off but cant see a danger in them and feels 'orrible climbing out of saddle on straight bars without 'em. Did they have somebodies eye out last season??

Top Bottom