Cyclogs Scotland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ACS

Legendary Member
Telemark said:
That's quite a ride SB!

That would be nice, but with HJ and me having been off the bike with a stupid virus and not currently up to your sort of mileage, I certainly wouldn't be going very fast/far! ;)
Also, it would have to be Saturday, as I'm working on Sunday :bicycle: ...

Where would you suggest to start from (train station please)?

T

P.S Just found this - are you sure you want to go the Milk Bar?

Think a massive rethink is required. Bugger! I was thinking of a Rendezvous type ride. People make their own was to an agreed meeting place, own speed, meet for lunch / coffee/ cake and a chat before racing for home and match of the day. :rain:

lazyfatgit

Well done on the ride SB. look likes a decent run, think your being a bit harsh on yourself.

the milk bar article look to be from 2008? maybe ok now?

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
satans budgie said:
Think a massive rethink is required. Bugger! I was thinking of a Rendezvous type ride. People make their own was to an agreed meeting place, own speed, meet for lunch / coffee/ cake and a chat before racing for home and match of the day. :biggrin:

That sounds fine with us ... now we just need reasonable weather (not like today :ohmy: for a fun ride ... and perhaps a new meeting place :biggrin:.

The article says Dec-08, so if it's the same people running it and a recurring/long-lasting problem (as stated), I wouldn't have much confidence ...

T

ACS

Legendary Member
Telemark said:
That sounds fine with us ... now we just need reasonable weather (not like today :ohmy: for a fun ride ... and perhaps a new meeting place :biggrin:.

The article says Dec-08, so if it's the same people running it and a recurring/long-lasting problem (as stated), I wouldn't have much confidence ...

T

Last time I passed, couple of weekends ago, it looked closed. No vehicles in the car park no sign of life as we know it (Jim).

Anyone know of a suitable cake stop that could be used as an RV ride out?

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
satans budgie said:
Anyone know of a suitable cake stop that could be used as an RV ride out?

I'm not familiar with the delights of cake stops in the Kingdom- apart from a nice baker's in Kinross, but I think they only do take-away cakes ...

Didn't you say something about a place in Milnathort yesterday?

T

snorri

Legendary Member
Telemark said:
apart from a nice baker's in Kinross, but I think they only do take-away cakes
This had been an annual pit stop of mine on southern tours, and I was disappointed in July to find the "nice baker" has closed down the cafe part of the business. There is a smaller cafe just across the road and down the hill a few yards, it was fine, but not such a big range of buns, and I don't know their name or opening hours.

OP
OP
M

MrRidley

scoosh said:
Like the November CC Ecosse image thing :ohmy:

Congrats and THANK YOU to whoever is responsible :biggrin:

I thought i would update the picture and put some words into the description part, which i hope everyone reads. Where did you get those miles today ? did you do the Forth Finale ? conditions were not exactly great today.

ACS

Legendary Member
Heaven Scent. Very nice as is Vane Farm on the side of Loch Leven and Lochend Farm Shop & Café- Nr Portmoak do a crackin' bacon roll.

Using Heaven Scent as a possibility (Map 58 ref 121046). It’s about 30 miles of so from Cupar, Edinburgh, Stirling bit less from Perth.

So my suggestion is, subject to suitable weather, for a RV ride to take place on Sat 7 Nov 09 to meet at Heaven Scent in Milnathort between 1200 -1230 hrs for cake and banter.

<possible weather>
Drizzle. There is a 20% chance of precipitation. Partly cloudy. Cool. Temperature of 9°C. Winds W 32km. Humidity will be 75% with a dewpoint of 5° and feels-like temperature of 5°C.
</possible weather>

Any takers?

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
bhoyjim said:
I thought i would update the picture and put some words into the description part, which i hope everyone reads. Where did you get those miles today ? did you do the Forth Finale ? Indeed I did :biggrin:
conditions were not exactly great today.Indeed they were not :ohmy: :biggrin: :smile:
Apart from the rain ..... it was a good ride - and the 'arrivee' (food at end) was excellent :biggrin:

But it was wet - Ken Laidlaw Sportive wet :sad:

ACS

Legendary Member
bhoyjim said:
Using Heaven Scent as a possibility (Map 58 ref 121046). It’s about 30 miles of so from Cupar, Edinburgh, Stirling bit less from Perth.

I think it maybe a few too many from Glasgow.

Its just a idea, trying something different. Perhaps the westies could organise something in the same vain or jump a train to Stirling or Edn and amble over?

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
bhoyjim said:
I thought i would update the picture and put some words into the description part, which i hope everyone reads. Where did you get those miles today ? did you do the Forth Finale ? conditions were not exactly great today.

:smile: yes boss, no chickening out due to :biggrin: and :biggrin:...

Scoosh you must have got seriously wet today ... how did the conditions compare with the Ken Laidlaw? We looked out the window and thought of the Forth Finalists today (while spending all day sanding/PVA-ing/painting the kitchen). We just exercised arm muscles and climbed ladders, better than no exercise at all, but at least we stayed dry apart from the odd splash of paint :ohmy:.

T

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Telemark said:
Scoosh you must have got seriously wet today ... how did the conditions compare with the Ken Laidlaw? We looked out the window and thought of the Forth Finalists today (while spending all day sanding/PVA-ing/painting the kitchen). We just exercised arm muscles and climbed ladders all day, better than no exercise at all, but at least we stayed dry apart from the odd splash of paint :biggrin:.

T
Yes, I was soaked through but at least it was warm wet, not the other.

I would say that there was less water on the roads than during the KL but it was increasing all the time and some of the guys have reported serious flooding on their ways home
The flooding was getting beyond a joke by the time we got to Bo'ness - at the roundabout on the way in to my house it was 6" deep in the middle of the road.

The ride was not as tough as the KL either, which helped :smile:

.... but Boy ! do I feel smug :thumbsup:
:biggrin:
:sad:

... and :biggrin: ... :ohmy:

Top Bottom