Cyclogs Scotland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

r0bbti

Hi, I have just joined this forum and also the cycle ecosse team on cyclogs, so have logged my miles for October. Hope to keep up the mileage in november but already the dark nights are getting to me. What do people think of spin classes for the winter months - I havent been to one yet, but thinking of it?

ACS

Legendary Member
r0bbti said:
Hi, I have just joined this forum and also the cycle ecosse team on cyclogs, so have logged my miles for October. Hope to keep up the mileage in november but already the dark nights are getting to me. What do people think of spin classes for the winter months - I havent been to one yet, but thinking of it?

:smile::angry:

Hi and welcome.

Where abouts in this fair and pleasant land do you lay your hat?

snorri

Legendary Member
r0bbti said:
What do people think of spin classes for the winter months - I havent been to one yet, but thinking of it?
Just a waste of effort, pretend cycling, no fresh air, and you end up at the same place you started not having seen anything along the way.:laugh::sad:
Why not just cycle from home to the place they have these machines, don't go in, then cycle home?
Perhaps I'm a little biassed, but these sports centre places bring back bad memories of tyrannical school gym teachers.:sad::sad:

PS Welcome to the forum and Cycle Ecosse team:smile::thumbsup:

Ranger

snorri said:
Just a waste of effort, pretend cycling, no fresh air, and you end up at the same place you started not having seen anything along the way.:biggrin::sad:
Why not just cycle from home to the place they have these machines, don't go in, then cycle home?
Perhaps I'm a little biassed, but these sports centre places bring back bad memories of tyrannical school gym teachers.:biggrin::sad:

PS Welcome to the forum and Cycle Ecosse team:smile::sad:

I really enjoy spin classes (in a strange masochistic type of way), bears absolutely no relation to cycling except that you are peddling something but it is quite good fun

r0bbti

Hi, thanks everyone for the welcome. I am in Edinburgh so I may now be the slowest commuter and the roadie that Ranger overtook!
Not really too keen on the Spin idea myself but cant see any other way of keeping up the miles, now that I have finally started!

ACS

Legendary Member
Planned to join the 100 mile club today, but did not make it. :biggrin:

Managed 83 before running out of daylight and a strengthening south westerly got the better of me forcing me to run for home earlier than planned. Bit disappointed to be honest but I do not know why. 6 hours on the road, average of 14 mph, 900 meters of climbing, quiet roads and it was dry.

snorri

Legendary Member
r0bbti said:
Not really too keen on the Spin idea myself but cant see any other way of keeping up the miles, now that I have finally started!
I think everyone in Cyclogs Ecosse is recording only miles on the road, none of these indoor cyclists here.:biggrin:

zizou

Veteran
dunno how i missed this thread until now, anyway just added my rides to the team.

OP
OP
M

MrRidley

Just like to say well done to everyone on the team :bravo:another great month, beat the kiwi's by over 2000 mls, it's building up nicely for our end of year virtual awards ceremony :evil:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
bhoyjim said:
Just like to say well done to everyone on the team :bravo:another great month, beat the kiwi's by over 2000 mls, it's building up nicely for our end of year virtual awards ceremony :ohmy:

Will there be virtual cakes for all? :evil:

Good luck to all who are attempting the "Forth Finale" tomorrow :evil:, that should give CC Ecosse a good start into November :laugh:. I hope the current weather lasts into tomorrow, rather than following the MetOffice or Metcheck predictions ... :evil:.

I just look forward to getting back on the bike this week, after 2 weeks off - my funny virus/cold thingy seems to be more or less gone :evil:.

T

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
satans budgie said:
Planned to join the 100 mile club today, but did not make it. :sad:

Managed 83 before running out of daylight and a strengthening south westerly got the better of me forcing me to run for home earlier than planned. Bit disappointed to be honest but I do not know why. 6 hours on the road, average of 14 mph, 900 meters of climbing, quiet roads and it was dry.

:bravo:83 is a reason to celebrate! Where did you go? Round the Kingdom in a 2-hr radius from home? ;)

Hope you manage to give yourself credit for the achievement, once you've thought about it for a bit longer - and put new lights on your wish list :smile: ...

And you can still look forward to the 100, rather than having to aim for 150 next ;)

T

Ranger

Well 506 miles or me for the month which I am pleased with, especially as those are purely commuting.

No time for anything else as work is hectic and the wife is on a health kick which means I am at the gym every night:ohmy:

ACS

Legendary Member
Telemark said:
:bravo:83 is a reason to celebrate! Where did you go? Round the Kingdom in a 2-hr radius from home? ;)

Hope you manage to give yourself credit for the achievement, once you've thought about it for a bit longer - and put new lights on your wish list :smile: ...

And you can still look forward to the 100, rather than having to aim for 150 next ;)

T

Thanks for your words of encouragement. Cupar down and round Loch Leven, Kinross, Glenfrag, Newburgh, Tay Bridge (Cafe) round the coast to Leuchars via Tensmuir and on to Guardbridge before turning for home.

Had hoped to go Guardbridge, St Andrews and down the coast to make up the milage but the thought of doing the last 30 or so into a headwind was a bit of a downer and of course the Cults Hill with 95 miles in your legs is something of a challange (well for me anyway)​

One bright spot found a new Cake stop in Milnathort called Heaven Scent. Just before the mini roundabout on the left. Top class, home baked cakes and mugs that hold enough coffee to sink a naval battleship.

Depending on the weather thinking of a run out to the Milk Bar at Powmill next weekend anyone fancy meeting for coffee and chat?

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
That's quite a ride SB!

satans budgie said:
Depending on the weather thinking of a run out to the Milk Bar at Powmill next weekend anyone fancy meeting for coffee and chat?

That would be nice, but with HJ and me having been off the bike with a stupid virus and not currently up to your sort of mileage, I certainly wouldn't be going very fast/far! :smile:
Also, it would have to be Saturday, as I'm working on Sunday ;) ...

Where would you suggest to start from (train station please)?

T

P.S Just found this - are you sure you want to go the Milk Bar?

Top Bottom