Cyclogs Scotland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
scoosh said:
Yes, I was soaked through but at least it was warm wet, not the other.

I would say that there was less water on the roads than during the KL but it was increasing all the time and some of the guys have reported serious flooding on their ways home

The ride was not as tough as the KL either, which helped :biggrin:

.... but Boy ! do I feel smug :sad:
:smile:
:biggrin:

... and :biggrin: ... :ohmy:

We are duly impressed :biggrin: ... did you notice, you are not only leading CC Ecosse on Cyclogs, but ALL of Cyclogs just now :ohmy: ... even more reason to feel smug :thumbsup:!

Sleep well...

lazyfatgit

Well done Scoosh.:smile:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Telemark said:
We are duly impressed :biggrin: ... did you notice, you are not only leading CC Ecosse on Cyclogs, but ALL of Cyclogs just now :sad: ... even more reason to feel smug :wacko:!

Sleep well...
My 10 mins of fame :smile:

lazyfatgit said:
Well done Scoosh.:smile:
Why thank you, kind Sir :sad:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
satans budgie said:
Using Heaven Scent as a possibility (Map 58 ref 121046). It’s about 30 miles of so from Cupar, Edinburgh, Stirling bit less from Perth.

So my suggestion is, subject to suitable weather, for a RV ride to take place on Sat 7 Nov 09 to meet at Heaven Scent in Milnathort between 1200 -1230 hrs for cake and banter.

Any takers?

Yes (with let-out clause, if the weather is too awful :smile:)

T

Seamab

satans budgie said:
Its just a idea, trying something different. Perhaps the westies could organise something in the same vain or jump a train to Stirling or Edn and amble over?

I think you ought to start a new thread on this idea for next weekend. I only chanced on this (not being a Cyclogs user).

I should be able to check out whether the Powmill Milk Bar is still open (AFAIK it is). I've never used it much as it's too close to home and IMO not that good. Dunfermline would be the nearest rail station to Powmill and probably Kinross (Inverkeithing would be OK for Kinross/Milnathort as well).
There's another place called Loch Levens Larder not far from Kinross nr Wester Balgeddie which might be worth a try.

Don't know if i can make it but i'll try.

Well done Scoosh :smile:- looks like riding in the extreme wet is becoming second nature to you. Did you wear the neoprene suit this time?

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Seamab said:
Well done Scoosh :sad:- looks like riding in the extreme wet is becoming second nature to you. Did you wear the neoprene suit this time?
Not the full suit but the waterproof overtrousers at least kept my legs warm wet :angry:

extreme wet ...... second nature to you
Past life/jobs coming back to haunt me :evil:
[spent 5 yrs diving in the oilfield]

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:biggrin: Scoosh is still top of the overall Cyclogs leader board 24 hours later ...

Do you feel the pressure starting to mount :biggrin:? Just another wee ride tomorrow perhaps and see what happens? :angry:

T

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Not now he isn't, Aran20's back on the case.

ACS

Legendary Member
Am I the only one silly enough to brave the elements today. I know it was a bit bracing the morning (-5) and perhaps a tiny bit cold and wet (snow :biggrin: ) on the way home, is that sufficent reason not get your mighty treader out of the shed and get some miles in?

We are floundering in 5th place on cyclogs even our antipodean rivals friends have double our milage.

OP
OP
M

MrRidley

satans budgie said:
Am I the only one silly enough to brave the elements today. I know it was a bit bracing the morning (-5) and perhaps a tiny bit cold and wet (snow :rolleyes: ) on the way home, is that sufficent reason not get your mighty treader out of the shed and get some miles in?

We are floundering in 5th place on cyclogs even our antipodean rivals friends have double our milage.

I was out too, although only managed my bare commute, it was a little nippy at 5am today :biggrin:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
snorri said:
Hey Ho:biggrin:
Passed my mileage target for the year today, and Cyclogs Ecosse has pulled ahead of the Kiwis too.:biggrin::biggrin:
Keep up the effort guys and gals.;)
:bravo: :bravo: :biggrin: :biggrin:
.... but it clearly shows that you underestimated your potential for the year ;)

So how much are you gong to ramp it up for next year ??? :tongue:

Top Bottom