CYCLOGS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Why, what's happening on Friday Panter? :biggrin:

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Cool, Mines a 31.5 mile round trip so it should be in the bag :tongue:(I've been building up to 3 times/week and this will be the first full three times this week)

Mind you, the 'ol legs are really stiff and sore with all this extra commuting so I'll have to ask the Wife to massage them to be in with a chance for Friday :biggrin:

Anyway, good luck with yours :sad:

The etrex is my GPS thingy BTW.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Randochap said:
Why don't you make your own log you can use on home computer?

I find it a great motivator to up the mileage against others on the leaderboard. For example I have already reached my monthly target on the way home tonight and still have 7 commute days left, this month could be my best ever ;)

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Randochap said:
Why don't you make your own log you can use on home computer?

I have but I like the comparison and a bit of competition, I take my battle for a low teens finish quite seriously. There's also my dream of breaking into the top 10 and getting the average up to 15mph.

For example, todays commuting entry allowed me to pass Joe_24 and I can only fantasize about his desolation when my speed passes his as well.

Alternatively Palinrus has pushed me down to lucky No 13 by a measly 8 miles, though I instinctively know him to be a bounder and a cad and therefore his miles are probably not reliable.

Then you have King of the Hill, Aran20, I believe that the rest of us will, at some point, be clubbing together to have his 'legs done', don't see any other way of dethroning him.

That's just from my small minded machinations and musings, imagine how much is going on with the others?

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
MacBludgeon said:
That's just from my small minded machinations and musings, imagine how much is going on with the others?

Absolutely. I often pop out for a lunchime ride to "sneak" a few more miles in and for about 1 hour 2 weeks ago held overall top spot :thumbsup:. However that was shortlived as then Auntie Helen sneaked her miles on :sad: and subsequently the machine that is Aran20 took over :ohmy:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
Absolutely. I often pop out for a lunchime ride to "sneak" a few more miles in and for about 1 hour 2 weeks ago held overall top spot :thumbsup:. However that was shortlived as then Auntie Helen sneaked her miles on :sad: and subsequently the machine that is Aran20 took over :ohmy:

Yeah, I'm gald Aran's back, I'm used to hating him but I was starting to hate Auntie Helen for a while there

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Well I was getting irritated with Ianrauk briefly last month when he cheated by doing an 80something mile day when I had only done 30. And FFFF was doing his best to retain top spot at the beginning of this month.

I think it's hard to overestimate the incentive that racing against others can bring.

Next month I'm going back down to more sensible mileage, btw. A couple of months ago I was in 13th place, I may return nearer there in April.

Top Bottom