Dacia cars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Likely not the sort of people who would dream of buying a Dacia though!
Maybe the moving roadblock draggers :whistle:

Twats are available at any price point.
To be fair, we ran a 7 seater C8 when the 3 kids were small, it just didn't look like something from Judge Dread....

mustang1

Legendary Member

look like a cheap range rover thing, now those are ruddy monsters of a vehicle that totally unseeded apart from dongle waving ability .Note a proper land rover i understand but not chelsea tractors on steroids

In defence of Range Rovers: they have incredibly wonderful ride quality on our stuff bumpy tracks disguised as "roads".

But yup, they're darn big! If Dacia were to make them, it would be called Huge-ster?

Edit: fixed typo

Last edited:

nagden

Über Member
Have just bought a nearly new Sandero. We are really pleased with it. It wouldn't suit the real motoring enthusiast but it is comfortable to drive, economical and cheap to insure. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. I think Dacia are now the top selling car in Europe, certainly in France they appear to be increasingly popular.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Have just bought a nearly new Sandero. We are really pleased with it. It wouldn't suit the real motoring enthusiast but it is comfortable to drive, economical and cheap to insure. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. I think Dacia are now the top selling car in Europe, certainly in France they appear to be increasingly popular.

Never been in one but my work colleague bought one . Raves about it , in terms of value for money . However I’m guessing they are built to a price point ? Cabin noise louder or not noticeable? Renault engines usually quite reliable ?

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
In defence of Range Rovers: they have incredibly wonderful ride quality on our stuff bumpy tracks disguised as "roads".

But yup, they're darn big! If Dacia were to make them, it would be called Huge-ster?

Edit: fixed typo

The ride quality is second to none in the Range Rover/Discovery models . Air suspension is superb . Merc and BMW I think offers air suspension but rare I think .

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Never been in one but my work colleague bought one . Raves about it , in terms of value for money . However I’m guessing they are built to a price point ? Cabin noise louder or not noticeable? Renault engines usually quite reliable ?

All the mechanicals and switchgear is well tested on former Renault models so reliability is very good.
The interior finishing is basic and less plush than more expensive cars, but it's all well put together and certainly doesn't feel bargain basement. Yes, slightly noisier, but not an issue.
My summation is that they're reliable, cheap to own and run, comfortable, and competent - does everything well enough without fuss.

mustang1

Legendary Member
The ride quality is second to none in the Range Rover/Discovery models . Air suspension is superb . Merc and BMW I think offers air suspension but rare I think .

I think Range Rover Vogue air suspension is better in terms of ride quality over pretty much anything else. Dunno which air suspension is the most reliable though.

French cars and Jaguars used to have nice ride quality but idk what they are.lole these days.

Top Bottom