Dacia cars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
Have been driving my new Stepway Comfort for three months..Can’t fault this car.It has all the gizmo’s I need. Performance is good Wouldn’t satisfy a boy racer though.Petrol consumption is around the low 50 MPG

Very satisfied so far .!t feels easy to drive I know a few people turn there nose up at the brand..

Would be interested in other owners views

vickster

Legendary Member

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Good cars, someone will pop along and say they don't score well on NCAP. The reason for that is they aren't full of 'idiot driver' aids, which is why they are cheaper and less complicated. You don't need 'idiot driver' aids if you can drive properly. Wouldn't mind a Jogger TBH. My folks have had a Stepway for a few years now and it's been trouble free.

I remember the original Duster, & the car too (came slightly later, essentially a Renault 12
i know what you mean about the 'nose turning', a few years ago, we offered to buy daughter a brand new Sandero, but she did just that, so ended up with a 5 year old Vauxhall Adam instead:wacko:

When SWMBO was looking for another car, so she could tow the BWSOW, the Duster crossed her radar (my parents neighbour has one, so she knows what they're like), it was on the borderline, with no leeway
Sadly, it was crossed off the list, as was my suggestion of a Tiguan

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Had a stepway now for 5 years , its paid for and apart from consumables like tyres etc we have no issues at all .We did have to replace the front disks last year but i think mrs ck had been driving around with worn brakes and didnt realize so ground the disk down a bit :smile:
We intend to keep it as it does everything we require from a car , bung a roof box on once a year for holidays and enough space for 2 adults and 2 teenagers.
When we change eventually mrs ck like the duster but that will be hopefully a long time yet ,

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
They look great value for money. The new 7 seat Bigster is due out in 2024 and looks fantastic.

E6B9E2B0-EAB7-4C01-9533-1BEA9D168DA2.jpeg

666206C1-7709-4C79-80C7-C7C30DE5E326.jpeg

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Good cars, someone will pop along and say they don't score well on NCAP. The reason for that is they aren't full of 'idiot driver' aids, which is why they are cheaper and less complicated. You don't need 'idiot driver' aids if you can drive properly. Wouldn't mind a Jogger TBH. My folks have had a Stepway for a few years now and it's been trouble free.

What are these 'idiot driver' aids that you speak of?

Mo1959

Legendary Member
What are these 'idiot driver' aids that you speak of?

Probably the ones that tell you when you’re drifting out of your lane or about to run into the back of another car……..the things that any decent driver should already be concentrating on.

Jameshow

Veteran
I remember the original Duster, & the car too (came slightly later, essentially a Renault 12
i know what you mean about the 'nose turning', a few years ago, we offered to buy daughter a brand new Sandero, but she did just that, so ended up with a 5 year old Vauxhall Adam instead:wacko:

When SWMBO was looking for another car, so she could tow the BWSOW, the Duster crossed her radar (my parents neighbour has one, so she knows what they're like), it was on the borderline, with no leeway
Sadly, it was crossed off the list, as was my 2md choice of a Tiguan

Bwsow???

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
My 1.5dci logan is about 7 years old now and my son has had it for the last year or so and despite 100k miles abuse is still giving sterling service. I swapped it for the family C1 as he had 2 small kids. I really miss it's load-lugging capabilities. To date nothing but wear and tear items have needed attention.

Wimpers bought a 1.6 petrol Duster which she ran for 3 years, nice car but gutless and thirsty. Got a good exchange on a 1 year old Duster 1.5dci which returns 50 to 60mpg and runs well. She's very happy.
Not as cavernous as the Logan for hauling loads around though

The new Jogger looks a very well designed vehicle, quite Tardis like seemingly bigger on the inside than outside. All reviews are good apart from the lack of modern driving aids which h it seems we suddenly all need these days. If there was a diesel version available I'd have one on the drive already....

No longer super-cheap, but still an awful lot of car for your money.

Having Hertz's highest membership level, I get to drive an awful lot of expensive cars, some are very nice (Lync & Co), many are meh and some you couldn't pay me to have (Jeep Compass 4x4 hybrid) they're all so bloody over-complicated. Returning home to the simplicity and economy of the Dacia makes me appreciate money well spent....

Last edited:
Top Bottom