England : North Yorkshire Dales forum ride, 7th July, 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A reminder to those of you who might be interested (there used to be lots of you for these rides ... where are you all this time? :whistle:) - this super ride is coming up soon!

I have attached a GPX file of the route. (Loop to be ridden clockwise.)

Attachments

• Ribblehead Dales ride 2018.gpx
    28.5 KB · Views: 117
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

My non-CycleChat cycling pals Carrie and Kevin have told me that they intend to join us for the ride, so the list currently is:
  • ColinJ
  • Sea of vapours
  • rusty bearing
  • Pale Rider (mid-ride)
  • Carrie and Kevin
And a shout out to those who have done the Dales ride in the past (or expressed interest) - @colly, @swarm_catcher, @Kestevan, @pubrunner, @PaulB, @Pennine-Paul, @dan_bo, @Alun, @Ajay, @busdennis, @skudupnorth, @NorthernDave, @Fubar, @oldfatfool, @Oldfentiger, @Globalti, @MarkF, @Buck ...

And @Anybody_else_who_fancies_it! :okay:

Looked at the route col and dont think i am at that fitness level atm but might try and join you for a while. Not spent much time in the dales since dad died in January and now having to look after mum and completely renovate her house time as been at a premium.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I promise I will be back and do more with you wonderful people but I can't do this one as I shall be in foreign climes that day.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Looked at the route col and dont think i am at that fitness level atm but might try and join you for a while. Not spent much time in the dales since dad died in January and now having to look after mum and completely renovate her house time as been at a premium.
Sorry to hear about your dad ...

If you do manage to find the time, then perhaps you could do the middle part of the ride with @Pale Rider?

I'd be interested..... but I shall be in Bruges celebrating three 60th birthdays simultaneously!
I promise I will be back and do more with you wonderful people but I can't do this one as I shall be in foreign climes that day.
Have fun, both of you!

Thanks for the heads up @ColinJ.

I'll see if I can make it. Looks ok so far but things conspire sometimes.
Fingers crossed!

Alun

Guru
Sorry Colin, I'll be cycling in Derbyshire on that day. Keep me in the loop for these rides please, I'll join you when I can !

MarkF

Guru
I did about that distance last week (Leeds - Chorley) and I was knackered...................and that was on the canal. Will have a think about it, but the world cup +beer will have me with a pot belly, double chin and jowls soon.:sad:

Buck

Guru
I don’t think I can make the date - my diary is manic at present. If things change I’d love to come and will reply on here.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I would love to get out on this ride but the boss is working and to be honest I have only got back on the bike today so I think it would be a bad idea.
Glad to hear that you are riding again!

Brian and I are planning to do a modified rerun of our recent Wray century ride. That will be starting and finishing at Rose Grove station (Burnley) and will be in a couple of months time. Perhaps you could make it to that one instead?

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Pleased to hear Skudders is back up and cycling.

This route is a brute, but he's a strong rider so I would be surprised if it would be too much even after a break.

I still plan to do a shortened version, @skudupnorth - and any others - would be welcome to join me.

Top Bottom