England : North Yorkshire Dales forum ride, 7th July, 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Regrettably, I am going to have to join the list of no-shows.

A family matter needs my attention tomorrow which I cannot really duck.

Pity, although if today is anything to go by, it may well be a bit too hot for me to enjoy spending several hours on exposed roads.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Regrettably, I am going to have to join the list of no-shows.
And then there were, er, 4 or 5! :sad:

So, that means 2 valuable virtual tickets for the ride have become available at very short notice. To claim yours, turn up with your bike at the Station Inn at Ribblehead by 09:20 tomorrow. When you see me, utter the incantation "I'm here to ride, and here is some virtual money for my virtual ticket ... now show me those hills!" I will confirm receipt of the imaginary payment and then we will saddle up and the climbing will begin.

colly

Re member eR
I am all prepared
Even cleaned the bike. Doesn't happen very often.

So it's just over 50 miles from my place so will give myself a little over 90 mins to get there taking a steady drive. I've looked on GE and it seems parking should be ok.

See you tomorrow about 9 ish then.

@ColinJ want to pm me your mobile number in case of any mishaps?

Last edited:
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I am all prepared
Even cleaned the bike. Doesn't happen very often.

So it's just over 50 miles from my place so will give myself a little over 90 mins to get there taking a steady drive. I've looked on GE and it seems parking should be ok.

See you tomorrow about 9 ish then.

@ColinJ want to pm me your mobile number in case of any mishaps?
Super!

You should now received a PM with my number in it.

09:00 is probably a wee bit early to arrive unless you aim to go and check out the viaduct before the ride. 09:15 might be nearer the time that the rest of us turn up?

I'm just about to clean MY bike too!

I didn't realise there was a clean bike competition for this ride. Fortunately, mine's clean, though if you'll be doing an inspection, Colin, I plead that I'll have cycled up to Ribblehead tomorrow morning, which may involve accumulating some dust.

colly

Re member eR
Colin knows the reasons (car trouble) but I am afraid I won't be making it.

Very, very sorry.:sad::sad:

Another fine forum ride, Colin. Thanks for organising. I added on an unnecessary 25km returning from Ribblehead to make it an imperial century.

Surprised you, Carrie and Kevin didn't pass me on the road to Settle before I turned off at Hebden Bridge. I hope you got your bike in the vehicle OK and duly secured your lift home?

Top Bottom