Damaged decals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Hello, I was looking at my bikes the other day there, and on one of them, I noticed that a couple of small bits of its decals on the bottom tube are starting to peel.
Now, when I say peel, it actually looks like they have been damaged on something. The decals are still all there, nothing is missing, so I am wondering, how do I go about sticking them back down onto the rest of the bike?

I'd imagine super glue would be a no no (although you never know), but is there anything that can seal it all in?

Thanks

clear nail varnish??

Keep the working parts as tight or loose and as oiled or dry and as clean and adjusted as they need to be.

Pay not one squilpette of attention to the decals. Let them peel. Let them fall off.

They are (to quote Arthur Jefferson-Painswick) just a smear of processed but tangible snobbery applied to the veneer of our collective self-conscious fear of inadequacy.

As in all things, Arthur Jefferson-Painswick puts it best.

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
I know how you feel MDB, I picked up a second hand Felt Z5 a couple of weeks ago, cleaned and polished up, and rides like a dream. The only sad thing about it is some of the decals are breaking up on the frame. Wish there was some way to do a little renovation job on them.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Oi yourself. I got there first! :tongue:

why-i-oughta.jpg

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Oh for fcuk sake, its even worse than I thought, I have gotten the bike out to look at it properly, There are practically none of the bits I thought there were. Also, someone has scratched one side (hence the decal damage I saw before) and there are now numerous chips and scratches, I'm NOT a happy bunny!! (It is in the garage, and someone has obviously moved it to get to something and has not been very careful). Actually, I'm TOTALLY P*SSED OFF!! I should have got some frame protectors for it :cursing::cursing:

So, what to use to fill the scratches in? If I give it all a wax will that help??

I'm off to...... I don't even know....... AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!! :cursing::ninja::cry::cry:

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
It wouldn't have been so bad, but its my Red Pug that was virtually pristine when I got it from @stevevw on here.
And now its been damaged (albeit on one side)!! :cursing:

Oh well, at least I can use it properly now, but I still want to repair the damage!

Top Bottom