Damn,another left on by mistake electrical appliance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Just a thought...in all the excitement, has Accy actually remembered to switch it off yet?

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I can’t be arsed to read 5 pages about a sandwich toaster. There’s some bloke outside painting a wall, think I’ll watch that dry instead.

8 pages now - but it's less a thread about a sandwich toaster, more a social insight into the impact of a deregulated energy market on the inhabitants of a Northern former mill town.
In many ways, the toaster is just a metaphor for other deeper matters.

;)

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
I went out today and returned 2 hours later to find that i'd left my sandwich toaster on. Unlike the kettle which i left on earlier in the year,this thing doesn't turn itself off,so it's been burning power for 2 hours. Any of you know how much that's cost me?:sad:
At least it hadn't been burning the kitchen down for 2 hours ;)

machew

Veteran
If you put a toaster in a fridge and turned them both on, would the fridge stay cold or warm up?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
You know this predicted super volcano eruption? Maybe it is something else, Accy's Breville toaster after being left on for a year?

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Don't worry - I think I've found a solution to Accy's problem...

000a.JPG

:laugh:

machew

Veteran
Which is the more powerful?
A toaster produces about a thousand watts of heat, and the cooling system in a household fridge can't remove heat that fast. In fact, since fridges are so well insulated, the inside of the fridge would probably get much hotter than the rest of the house,

keithmac

Guru
We have a Breville which is excellent for toasties containing baked beans.

The George Forman is great for cheese based toasties and Paninis.

The George is also a lot easier to clean.

Top Bottom