Damn,another left on by mistake electrical appliance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Hall

[QUOTE 5063173, member: 45"]Get a George Foreman grill instead. It works as a sandwich toaster, but does so much more.

I left mine at the bottom of the stairs.[/QUOTE]
Well I'll go to the foot of our your stairs.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm going out soon. I've decided to turn the leccy off at the mains. I've a feeling i'll leave something els
[QUOTE 5063130, member: 45"]I've always cared about Accy. I don't care about a sandwich toaster that clicked on and off with its thermostat for an hour or so, which cost the owner an extra few pennies and which was at no risk of exploding.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't have a thermostat, so it doesn't click on and off.(i think?)

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Was it one of the sandwich toasters that require a little butter on the outside of the bread and then crimps the sandwich into luxurious triangle shapes, occasionally dripping a little grease down the back of the electrics or one of these flat plate ones where the cheese just goes everywhere as each slice never meets the other at any point?
It's a sandwich toaster that requires a little butter on the outside of the bread and then crimps the sandwich into luxurious triangle shapes, occasionally dripping a little grease down the back of the electrics :thumbsup:

postman

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5063173, member: 45"]Get a George Foreman grill instead[/QUOTE]

Oh no don't encourage him to buy one of those.He'll only go and knock himself out.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Oh no don't encourage him to buy one of those.He'll only go and knock himself out.
I have one of those as well. Well it's the same thing,just a different make.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
A retired window cleaner who claimed he inherited a sandwich toaster from an elderly customer has been jailed for 12 months after failing to return it.

Statue_of_a_window_cleaner%2C_Chapel_Street%2C_London_W1_-_geograph.org.uk_-_1610218.jpg

A**y C*****t, 83, looked after JS, 98, and was the sole beneficiary of her will when she died.

Her nephew, Mr @Drago , contested the will and he was ordered to hand it back in 2014.

But he repeatedly lied about what he had done with it, the High Court was told.

The judge said it was an "extremely serious case of deliberate contempt of sandwich toasting".

Mr Drago successfully challenged the will's inclusion of A**y C*****t on the grounds that his aunt lacked testamentary capacity.

When A**y C*****t failed to hand the sandwich toaster , he was made bankrupt and a trustee in bankruptcy tried to find out what had become of the chees from the sandwich .

A**y C*****t was alleged to have kept the sandwich toaster in his family by making a "chain of toasties".

'Deliberately misleading'

A**y C*****t, from Accrington, north Stanley , claimed several times that he had left the sandwich toaster on and it had burnt out, which bailiffs then took away, the court heard.

@screenman, the bankruptcy trustee, said this was "one of the worst cases I have seen of a toasties failure to cooperate and to have actively taken steps to conceal property."

At the High Court on Friday, Lady Double Gloucester, sitting with Mrs Justice Cheddar, sent A**y C*****t to Cycle Chat with six months to be served inside posting and six on licence. She said: "This is an extremely serious case of contempt of court covering a wide range of reprehensible conduct."

Speaking to BBC London outside court before the decision, A**y C*****t said he started cleaning windows in 1886. He added that by the time he was asked to give the sandwich toaster back he had spent the money from it by travelling "around the world twice" and spending time in Brazil and Australia.
_99019049_gettyimages-168510636.jpg

Lonestar

Veteran
I am off to Argos for a sandwich toaster been resisting it ever since this post cropped up, can't wait cheese, onion with some ketchup. Genuinely been salivating over this for 24 hours its bound to disappoint bit like buying your own chips having nicked someone else's never tastes the same.

This is the point now.I've actually been thinking about buying a sandwich toaster after this.Madness isn't it? :wacko:

Top Bottom